Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the following problem, Just installed my Leather seats & find that the front one's are heated.

Been down to the dealer & picked the relay for the seats, the switch & any fuses that were missing.

Now here is the problem, The seats came out of an 2003 Ghia X but the seats are now in an 2004 car (Facelift). All the other electrics are working without any problems, just the heated side ??? :(

The finis codes are 1372725 for the switch & 1226542 for the relay.

Open to ideas on this one. :confused:

·
Registered
103 Posts
i know the wiring diagram shows a difference between the 2003 and 2004 heated seats. i had to get the 2004 diagram printed from ford. the earlier diagram shows 2 fuses. on our 2004 these couldnt be found the relay plugged in behind the box . have you checked the plugs under the seats, to make sure the wires correspond to each other..

here is the later diagram (given freely from the dealer)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gazza1 said:
i know the wiring diagram shows a difference between the 2003 and 2004 heated seats. i had to get the 2004 diagram printed from ford. the earlier diagram shows 2 fuses. on our 2004 these couldnt be found the relay plugged in behind the box . have you checked the plugs under the seats, to make sure the wires correspond to each other..

here is the later diagram (given freely from the dealer)
I will have a look at the fuses in daylight, & check that they are there.

As for the seat connections that will have to wait until the weekend. All the other connections for electric seat, airbags & pre-tenstioners are OK.

:thankyousign:

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on me wiring, everything checks out. I have the relay in the right place, fuses are in & OK.

I have heat the the pads, but I am unable to control the heat properly. Since it's summer coming up I might up out the relay until the winter time.

The wiring is different on the seats (2004) to the way there are (2003).

Looks like I am missing some control units (unsure about it) on the seats for the pads.

I open to any ideas to this problem. My final soultion might be to install new pads & this missing control units on the seats. (More cost to lay out.) But might be worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts