Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you who suffer from the offending item distorting and flooding your parcel shelf with bright red light when it's dark and you brake, I think there's a proper cure.

I was in my dealer yesterday ordering some other parts and the cover popped up on one of the pages we were going through. I enquired on cost and it was less than a tenner so I ordered one. On getting the finis code, a new number popped up, which my dealer says happens when a part is changed due to problems with the original item. His guess was this was changed due to heat causing it to distort...

I'll fit it sometime over the weekend and post the results.

I'm hoping it'll work as I'm on a second cover which I've tried to re-shape in the oven, used thin strips of carpet tape & drops of superglue to stick it to the window but none have worked for very long!

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The new cover is made of a different plastic, and the rubber section is more matt and slightly stippled.

If the markings are anything to go by, the old cover is made from PP (polypropolene?) and the new one is made from ABS.

It's fitted up to the window nicely, so we'll see if it's still alright in a few months.

While I was in there, I found out why the top 2 bars of the heated window weren't working either; I've put a post in interior/exterior styling about it.

Nick

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
for reference , what was the finis code for it , i might get one myself :thumbup:

·
MEG Sergeant
2,062 Posts
pics??

·
MEG Corporal
492 Posts
I'll be having one of those I think,I have noticed the same problem on mine but it's one of those things I thought was normal :laugh:

I shall phone up our parts guy tomorrow for one.

;) Darren

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The FINIS code for the cover in light grey is 1217540.

I just had to dig the packaging out of the bin, I knew I should have put the code in my last post :crazy: !

Stuart w, I didn't take any pictures as once it's in place it looks identical to the original cover.

Cheers,

Nick

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
Good to know they have done something about this, though I replaced mine around 18m ago and the replacement was fine until I sold the car last month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.