Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I am new to the forums, so hopefully i have put this thread into the correct location.

So,

I need advice, i currently am running on x3 5 spoke 5stud 17" Mondeo Titainium alloys that are buckled, only 1 good one yay!

So have been looking on ebay for some refurbs or used ones in hope i can replace them, they seem a little expensive and rare!? So have been looking at some Mk4 5 Y spoked alloys.

My question is, will these new alloys fit, as on my current rims i have 205/50 r17 and it looks like the new rims have 245/45 r17.

Will i incounter any issues if i swope them, and the tyres from my old rims to the new, as i have recently bought some new tyres, to then be informed about the buckled alloys.

Not impressed to say the least as when i bought it, sales man told me it just needed the alloys balancing! One of the wheels had over 100g added to it!

Thanks in advance!

All the best,

Dan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mondy, i will look into that. Hopefully someone here will be able to answer the above question though, as i rather like the look of the new alloys :)

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,265 Posts
I used to have focus Zetec s wheels on my mk3 mondeo And never had any problems

Attachments

·
3,265 Posts
They are 17" I can't remember what size the tyres was.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I am new to the forums, so hopefully i have put this thread into the correct location.

and it looks like the new rims have 245/45 r17.
i) No not quite but don't get too wound up about it. The 'correct location' seems to be a concept that doesn't get as much attention as it should and you aren't far off...

ii) Probably 235/45/17 for a Mk 4. You probably could fit 245s to those rims but it isn't a default fitting. 215/something-or-another was often the default for a Mk 4.5 (fuel economy! bah!) but it sounds like you are describing mk 4 Y-spoke wheels.

| EdIt | MIsread your post about

...looking at some Mk4 5 Y spoked alloys...
as sayIng Mk4.5 whIch It doesn't.

·
3,265 Posts
Let's have a look then :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.