Ford Automobiles Forum banner
361 - 379 of 379 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,655 Posts
Well I contacted Simon ([email protected]) today and he got back to me about the Jaguar mount. Due to the January price increases, the best he can do is £42.75 including delivery - paypal or call to pay by card. Absolute bargain! I did ask him if he was ok for others on here to contact him to buy one at that price; after explaining about the issues we've had - and he said thats fine...so anyone wanting one at this price just drop him and email and tell him what forum you've come from....could be a useful contact in future! mines on order!
Nice work!

·
Registered
736 Posts
bigi said:
I did ask him if he was ok for others on here to contact him to buy one at that price; after explaining about the issues we've had - and he said thats fine...so anyone wanting one at this price just drop him and email and tell him what forum you've come from....could be a useful contact in future! mines on order!
I already did that, that's how I got his email address and why I posted it :) Glad you found it useful

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi, im in need of this moujnt for my mk3 mondeo and was directed to this thread, are these still available as mine is getting worse

many thanks

·
Premium Member
12,458 Posts
hi, im in need of this moujnt for my mk3 mondeo and was directed to this thread, are these still available as mine is getting worse

many thanks
If you read this thread from start to finish you would find it best to avoid the ones being pushed by the original poster of this thread as they don't seem to last 3 months, for a little extra you can buy an OE Ford from any Jaguar dealer. The details for the Jaguar ones can be found in this thread.

·
Big Megger
317 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Happy to say that I contacted Niva Trading before the new year and they agreed for me to send it back and I've received my refund today. Jag lower mount from now on if I have any issues going forward.
Have you got the email address.

I've finally found time to get mine in to have it removed. (completely destroyed) Unfortunately my o/s CV has started making horrible noises and the mechanics who looked at it reckon the flexing of the engine that this bloody thing was creating, is most likely cause of CV joint failing.

No more aftermarket products for me.

[/quote]ive started to get some real bad noises from my drivers side cv joint so whilst checking it i moved the engine back and forth like it was a toy, the engine mount was totally destroyed which has stressed the cv joint. now need a new engine mount and a cv joint.

·
Registered
365 Posts
just ordered the new mount from simon at £44.84 hopefullt it should last longer than the last 1

·
Premium Member
7,655 Posts
Thread bumped as was sought after for info, page 14 onwards.

·
Super Moderator
29,809 Posts
Is page 14 when they started to fail weeks after fitting?

Mine is now starting to crumble and its never been fitted.

·
Premium Member
7,655 Posts
yes.

·
Premium Member
12,458 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,809 Posts
Mine is now starting to crumble and its never been fitted.
I thought yours was breaking down over a year ago? Within a few months of you buying it if I recall?

http://www.talkford.com/topic/195341-mk3-mondeo-lower-rear-enginegbox-mount-all-models/?p=1941721

http://www.talkford.com/topic/195341-mk3-mondeo-lower-rear-enginegbox-mount-all-models/?p=1943868

Did they ever reply back to you?
Yeah mine started to get a white powder coating and like crazy paving cracks even though its never been used.

But now its actually started to crumble not just crack. Still in the box it got delivered in.

And nope, I got zero response from them. I was well past the paypal refund time.

So i get to slag them off for ever more. Dont buy parts from NIVA on ebay.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
As said, go for the jag option

·
Premium Member
12,458 Posts
Thats a shame purple, cack customer service doesn't cost anything in the long run, well it does, it cost's them future custom from yourself or from anyone else who reads about there poor customer service and poor quality parts and then shops else where for a quality part. Right from the start you could tell they was to cheap to be any good, quality part at a fair honest price is what sells. The OP was sent a load of there other products FOC to evaluate for them, so am told, as they where never pushed on here I guess there other parts where cack as well, says it all about there quality. I for one wouldn't fit anything made by them.

·
Super Moderator
29,809 Posts
The only good point was i didnt actually need it. I bought it because it was cheap.

Ive heard that some of them snapped. Not sure if thats true. So removing the rubber and trying

some polybush material isnt an option.

When i have my furnace going again i may chuck it in there and melt it into something useful.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, sorry about the zombie thread revive - however, after my brother has had the same issue he asked me to make him a lower mount (I do prototype parts and polybushes, etc) - but I couldn't believe that nobody did one already for a Mondeo - I mean, it's not exactly a niche model is it?
However, having spent all afternoon looking around and then reading threads like this and the Rover 75 polybush one - it looks like there really are no decent alternatives?

So - since I have to make models and prototypes to do his already - would anyone be interested in a groupbuy for polybushed replacements?
At least I'll make some beer money back on the the work I'll do for his then :D

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,265 Posts

361 - 379 of 379 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.