Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Megger
88 Posts
:D Yeap, I didn't measure where they used to be before i stripped them down and took 'em for spraying in color code.
Now i'd like one of you to measure the distance in milimeters from the bottom edge of the door to the centre of the stripe. I've marked the positions on the picture.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
On the front door at the front wheel it is 27cm. The end on the rear door near the rear wheel is 28cm.

I was gonna ask you for a favour, but see that your in Croatia, so that may not be possible. HAHA.

These measurements are from a Zetec-S.

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
That's a 1st,someone actually sticking bump strips
back on there car. :whistling:

·
Megger
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe.
Kinda like my doors all healthy and perfectly flat. Also I'd like to keep 'em in that condition.
There's really no alternative to them. I'm a total detailing freak. My Mondy's always clean and waxed. I always park away from potential door bumping morons but I still managed to get a dent. Now when I removed that dent I don't wanna see another one tomorrow or the day after that. Back when I had those stripes in black they we're really ruining the looks but now when they're color coded they even add to the appearance. Also i've got the stripes on both bumpers color coded so everything's perfect now.

And yeah, the measurements aren't 27/28cm.
I had to connect the stripes on the bumpers perfectly with fishing line to make the work more easier. Otherwise i'd still be swearing and trying to refit them :)

·
Megger
103 Posts
Looking at shape of the door of other cars, i tot my bump strips are pretty useless protection against potential numb nuts hitting my car. But its rather helpful as protection against hitting poles/corners of walls...But if the poles/corners hit my car, its would probably the driver/clown/passenger's fault. :whistling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.