Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Little Megger
21 Posts
'03 2.0TDCI tiptronic.

I have previously posted on this problem (many thanks for the replies), but may have an update.The problem:

Whilst driving, the car cuts out, including power steering and braking.The engine management warning light flashes intermittently.

The car was in my local Ford stealer last week, where they said there was no fault code on diagnostics, an ECU re-programme was done, and a new cam sensor fitted for £91.00.

2 days later the car cut out again !!

I have read on another website a piece about Mondeos and, more specifically, an article about (??) this problem.This is the snippet of info I found:

[color:red]Model: Mondeo 2001 (Engine: 2.0L DuraTorq-TDCi)
> Markets: All. Subject: Engine cuts out. Summary: Should a customer
> express concern that the engine is cutting out, the probable cause
> is a failed connection of the fuel pressure sensor electrical
> connector. To rectify this concern, a modified fuel pressure sensor
> electrical connector should be installed. Note: To carry out the
> service instruction, it will be necessary to splice the new fuel
> pressure sensor electrical connector into the engine wiring harness.[/color]

If this is correct, would anybody know if there is a TSB for this, and whether this work should be carried out FOC as a recall please ??

If so, should I also try to claim back the money I have already spent as this did not cure the problem (less the cam sensor).

·
Little Megger
11 Posts
Hi Nightrider, just bought an 03 2.0TDCi tiptronic,which seems to have an identical cut out problem as yours, which Ford appear to be unable to cure. Did you ever get to the bottom of the problem or are you just living with it? Thanks Glut4pun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.