Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had a new strut spring and tyre fitted after the old spring snapped. Picked the car up and drove off, above 20MPH a vibration sets in getting worse with speed. But not through the steering, it feels like the whole car is shaking. Dip the clutch and the vibration stops irrespective of road speed or revs. With the car stationary and out of gear there is no vibration, clutch in or out with varying revs.
Any ideas?..........Please!

·
MEG Corporal
492 Posts
Sean,

I'd take the wheel off and have a look for anything lose,maybe they could have damaged some suspension component,I take it the wheel nuts are tight,Just incase.

I'd give them a call back and mention it to them,I'd have probably have taken it back straight away.
was there any vibration before you took the car to them but after the spring broke?

;) Darren

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've taken it back and it looks like it might be the driveshaft. I have a suspicion they may have damaged the inner joint when replacing the spring as there was no vibe before. Hopefully find out today. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the car back yesterday. Apparently when the spring broke it also damaged the driveshaft. They fitted a 2nd hand one and charged £40 all in. So mustn't grumble.........too much.

TDDI's for ever :L Just need to get a Dragon digi box now :whistling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.