Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
On my mk3 tddi 85kw(with remap at about 100kw), when i'm cruiseing at about 2200 rpm in 3-rd, and 4-th and i open the throttle at max the clutch seems to be slipping but about 200 rpm and then it accelerates swiftly, nothing odd untill now...maybe the clutch is worn...although the biteing point isn't high at all...but the same happens when i decelerate or down shift without throttle, on 2-nd i can't realize if it slips as the acceleration is brutal and it doesn't seem to slip...the "slip" in 3-rd and 4-th can be observed only by watching the rpm indicator as it can't be actually felt...
Could this be a reading problem from the rmp sensor?
The only time when i felt the clutch slipping was when i tested for the first time the remap and i got the clutch wery hot...i did about 5-6 drags from stillpoint.can this problem be related with the fact that when starting it up there can be heard a short squeak only when warm(no matter the position of the clutch).?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.