Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so here it is at the risk of sounding silly I would appreciate some knowledge. I have a Mk3 Mondeo ghia 155 tdci it's basically a lovely low mileage car with a bit of poke when needed. The alloys on it are ok but I'm coming close to needing a couple of tyres . It's on an 06 plate euro4 it's running on 17 inch rims with 205 50 by 17's but have come across a person selling their 18 inch rims with 4 nearly new tyres from the mk3 ST tdci which is in many ways the same car with a few extra bobs n tassles as mine. Will the ST alloys with 225 40 18's go onto mine that is running on the 205 50 17's without any adapting and changing things? Sorry if this sounds daft but I can basically pick the ST alloys up with 4 near new tyres for less than the price of two decent new tyres.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Hi

ST wheels should fit fine but I will warn you they are sods to clean. As wheels are slightly wider with different offset to current items perhaps check they do not rub on brake pipes or suspension when on full lock.

You may also find with more wheel and less tyre that car will look a little high. I decided to drop the ST I previously owned as rear was up in the clouds.

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.