Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't get any manuals with my car and want to change the wheels.

I could have a look underneath and take a guess, but wondered if anyone had a picture of the points ?

Thanks

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
dont have a picture to show you !!!! , and its raining so i aint taking one at the moment !!!!!! , the jacking points are easy to see in the obvious place , behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheel , dont think i am being funny , i aint , they really are easy to spot :L :L :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
okies , if i can get a picture for you i will :L

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
i might have imagine'd it but there may be little triangle marks on the sill pointing to where the jacking points are for the scisor jack ford thingy.

i seem to remember seeing em but the problem is i cant remember what car they were on when i saw em :}

but like has been said they are easy to figure out ( even if no markings are there, if there is no marks then i figured out where they were without them & survived to tell this tale :D )

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
couldn't find anywhere on the back to use a trolly jack, so had to use the crappy Ford jack.

The front was OK as theres a chassis rail section.

18's all fitted now :)

Thanks guys

·
Couch Potato
2,944 Posts
compuwiz_uk said:
i might have imagine'd it but there may be little triangle marks on the sill pointing to where the jacking points are for the scisor jack ford thingy.

i seem to remember seeing em but the problem is i cant remember what car they were on when i saw em :}

but like has been said they are easy to figure out ( even if no markings are there, if there is no marks then i figured out where they were without them & survived to tell this tale :D )
The triangles were on the Mk1
The Mk3s are very difficult to spot but according to handbook the front one is 27cm from the front edge of the sill (back end of front wheel arch) which is the width of the handbook when opened up and the rear one is 10cm from the rear end of the sill (front end of the rear wheel arch).
There is a little raised strengthening bit of metal behind the lip of the sill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.