Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Megger
103 Posts
Ok, yeh I know the exhaust question comes up all the time, but I couldn't find much info for a Mk3 V6 Zetec-S. I assume I'll have to go down the custom route as I can't find any off-the-shelf systems. I love the look of the Milltek system for the ST220 but it would need modded to mate with my Y-pipe and also an ST220 rear bumper (which is prolly gonna be necessary for any exhaust I get?).

Any thoughts? Anyone with a Mk3 V6 Zetec-S and a custom system?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeh. I d like to know too! Powerflo is not worth it - no gains...

Its about time Mongoose or Piper or one of the big companies did one!!

·
Big Megger
176 Posts
For performance on a Mk3 mondeo the Y-pipe mod will give the most gain, its well described on www.contour.org.
Headers are more important than the cat and cat back I believe.
So I have put headers on but its not back on the road yet - so no testimonial.
I have no plans to remove cat especially not with the headers done. I hate noise.

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
How did you get on with fitting the headers? Did you need an additional pipe to meet the cat?

·
Megger
103 Posts
MSDS seems the only choice now for exhaust manifolds including the y-pipe. It sounds as though this should bolt straight up to a standard system assuming you order the correct flange - 3 bolt type for Mk3?

I thought about this from SP Motorsports, as a replacement y-pipe, but I think it'd have the wrong flange for a Mk3 and you'd have to drill and tap a new hole for the 02 sensor.

I just can't be bothered with stuff that doesn't bolt straight on without mods these days :D Lazy, I know!

Interested to here your story windrain

·
Megger
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emailed Milltek a while back about a system for non-ST Mk3 V6s, and their answer was...

"Many thanks for your interest in Milltek Sport products. I am afraid that we do not offer a system for your vehicle, as we have not received enough interest in it in the past. If we do decide to develop a system, I will let you know."

Maybe worth anyone who's interested in a contacting Milltek, so they know there is more than just one person interested!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Craig, I just emailed Miltek myself and this is the answer I got:

"Hi John,

Many thanks for your interest in Milltek Sport products. We currently only offer a system for the 3.0 V6, but we may develop one for the 2.5 in the future. If we do release anything, I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Louise Millington
Milltek Sport

Tel. (+44) 01884 842040
Fax. (+44) 01884 849279
www.millteksport.com
"

So I guess if us MK3 V6 people want a good exhaust system, we all need to email her!

Her email address is: [email protected]

·
Megger
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We need to wear em' down into submission ;)

·
Megger
103 Posts
Come on peeps, there must be more people with Mk3 V6s after a nice stainless 'zorst! Use the link in unclebeags1 post and pester Milltek!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts