Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been given a 1997 Mk4 Fiesta 1.25i to learn to drive in. Apart from being a bit shabby on the outside and the central locking not working, she starts, runs and stops OK. However, there is an intermittent erratic idle: engine revs rise and fall slowly, and after taking the foot off the accelerator there is a slight delay before the revs drop. The previous owner has removed the air box assembly and replaced that with a K&N type air filter, so I'm thinking that could be the cause.

I've bought a 2nd hand air cleaner assembly from eBay, and ordered an new filter. Could those who know mind having a look at the pictures attached and let me know if I have the right assembly, if there are any parts missing and what order they are fitted please? A parts diagram would be very helpful if anyone knows if an online version is available. I have a Haynes service manual, but can only find a written description in there. I've worked on motorbikes for many years, and this is my first car.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Auto part

Tool Bumper Wood Auto part Automotive exterior

Thanks in advance,

fred

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, it might be idle control valve (could be dirty inside). Often on this fiesta. I have the same car.
a0ff8c7fde659dc6cfbc1339a15334ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.