Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Mk4.5 Front lower grille removal

930 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TreborB 
#1 ·
I had a birdstrike this morning & now have a smashed lower front grille, with a dead Pheasant or similar wedged behind said grille & the rad.

Any tips on how to get the grille off please. I need to do this fairly quickly before it starts decomposing. Ah, the joys of living in the countryside!

thanks - Rob

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks Purple - somewhat yes. As my existing one was damaged anyway, I wasn't too bothered about how I removed it, it's out now - which is the main thing I suppose. Also, image my shock to find out that the bird, a Pheasant, wasn't actually dead! Although goodness knows how it survived an impact at 60 mph. The hole in the the grille was nowhere near big enough to pass through easily.

A call to the RSPCA saw said bird subsequently delivered to the local vet for assessment. Imagine my further shock when I called the vet just now, expecting the worst, to be told that it was going to make a full recovery & would be given to a local wildlife trust tomorrow who would then keep an eye on it for a while.

#4 ·
And there was me thinking of including roast pheasant links in my previous post..

I hit one once, it ran across the road looked at me and then made it safely then turned

and started to run back.. Pheasant against a 17 ton lorry didnt end well for that one.

#6 ·
Ha ha ha, what a question when all of us are streaming tears hoping the poor pheasant is going to survive.
STs story should be made into a Christmas video depicting his kindness by taking the poor pheasant to the vets, and of course a happy ending.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.