Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have a MK5 Mondeo estate on a 66 plate. Rear shocks are gone so need replacing. Pt No is DG9C-18K077AEC Self Levelling. These come in at anything from £400 to over £500 each so no way I'm fitting those.
I believe i don't have to replace them with self levveling ones so need some advice if this is correct. The current ones don't have any wires or sensors on them so i am told a ican replace them with normal ones.
Can anyone adcise and let me know which ones i can fit please.

Thanks
Plant Nickel Cylinder Tool Sword

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I have no experience of doing what you want to do so this is only my opinion.
On some earlier model Fords the shocks are not a straight one for one swop as mounting sizes/bushings vary.
Having said that, as your spec is not controlled electronically with wiring etc I don't see why it could not be a straight swop.
With the electronic set up you would certainly need new springs but you may not with the set up you currently have - trial and error really.
If you put your VIN number into this it should, repeat should, only give you the parts fitted to your vehicle
If you just select the Mk5 vehicle from the menu you will drill down to this so you can see the choices/differences
As you have NO electronic wiring etc your current spec is code 2040310B
Rear Springs And Shock Absorbers; With Std Duty Self Level Rr Sh Abs; With Standard Suspension
which can be compared with the parts on 2040310A

I don't recognise the part number you quote in your post
Best of luck
Add/Edit, as Purple says, I agree, it probably should have springs to suit the shocks but don't buy springs until you are 100% sure shocks can be straight swopped
Thanks for your reply, this is very interesting indeed and very usefull. I do see for both the A & B variant suspension, they both quote Std Springs, however when you look at the part numbers they quote different load classes, in the actual spec case this being F to N with the self levelling shock's. Do you know how this works pleaee, as in is F to N stiffer than M to P for instance.
Thanks again for you reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts