Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I recently had the following fault codes come up U0415, P0500 and U0121.

I've been advised by garage it is the ABS module that needs replacing and cost is £450. It was also throwing an EGR fault of the valve being stuck open but I've managed to get this cleaned and the valve is moving nicely by hand and the fault has cleared.

The car is a 2010 econetic so essentially little more than scrap at the moment so figured I would try and resolve the issues myself.

The module looks easy enough to put in place but having no programmed anything before I wanted to check how easy it is before buying the kit to do it..... Also would there be any issues in putting a second hand module in, in terms of programming? If I purchased module that was programmed to the same car would it work without programming or would it still need programming?

Thanks in advance

Matt

·
Super Moderator
29,810 Posts
Check how many ABS modules there are for your car, usually several options

depending on the spec.

Does it have emergency brake assist for example? Check the catcar.info website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check how many ABS modules there are for your car, usually several options

depending on the spec.

Does it have emergency brake assist for example? Check the catcar.info website.
Thanks looks like there is a few options pretty sure I can probably check this with VIN number on etis so will do this tomorrow.

Providing I can get my hands on the correct module do you know whether there will be issues reprogramming a module that has been on another car already? My car is 11 years old so don't fancy splashing out full price for a brand new module :).

Thanks for replying

·
I might like Fords
1,691 Posts
To avoid problems, I’d suggest you match the part number. A used module can be programmed to your car no problem at all, but only with Ford diagnostic equipment. Forscan will not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I'll make sure I find the correct part number. Is Ford Diagnostic equipment available for download anywhere?

Cheers

To avoid problems, I'd suggest you match the part number. A used module can be programmed to your car no problem at all, but only with Ford diagnostic equipment. Forscan will not.

·
I might like Fords
1,691 Posts
Thanks I'll make sure I find the correct part number. Is Ford Diagnostic equipment available for download anywhere?

Cheers

To avoid problems, I'd suggest you match the part number. A used module can be programmed to your car no problem at all, but only with Ford diagnostic equipment. Forscan will not.
Yes it is, however the licence to use the software is around £1500 a year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Cheers

Wow - that kind of rules out doing it myself for cheaper..

So I assume that programming a new module wouldn't required specific ford diagnostic equipment?

Cheers

·
I might like Fords
1,691 Posts

Cheers

So I assume that programming a new module wouldn't required specific ford diagnostic equipment?

Cheers
Yes either option would require programming. If you got lucky with the identical P/N from the exact identical car and configuration software you potentially could get away without programming but you would have a couple of fault codes for incorrect VIN ID and maybe module configuration but MAYBE no warning lights.

I'm pretty sure the fiesta ABS isn't part of the PATS immobiliser system but I can't say for sure as i just can't remember.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Cheers

Cheers
Yes either option would require programming. If you got lucky with the identical P/N from the exact identical car and configuration software you potentially could get away without programming but you would have a couple of fault codes for incorrect VIN ID and maybe module configuration but MAYBE no warning lights.

I'm pretty sure the fiesta ABS isn't part of the PATS immobiliser system but I can't say for sure as i just can't remember.
Ok - thanks for your response I've been researching and it seems some people get away with no programming and others don't. For the cost of a 2nd hand module off ebay it might be worth a punt.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.