Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Megger
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a strange problem with my MK2 1.8 TD. It hade been gradually loosing power during the last week, now the son of bi*ch won´t run properly , starts sometimes and you can rev it up to 2000-3000 rpm no more but sometimes when left on full trottle it can slowly climb to 4000 rpms , and when I am about to start it I no longer hear the clicking noise I used to hear before my problems begun. I have also notised that I can push my primer (the one above the fuel filter) when engine is running , is this normal ? Have checked the hoses for cracks and found no problems there. I think my problem has anything to do with the missing clicksound.. can someone maybe help me with some tips what to check and so on ??

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
hi, it could be the MAF, dissconnect it, then take it out for a spin, if theres any improvment then you will know its that, i had a similer rev limit prob, i could only go up to 4500 rpm, i then explaind that here and was told to dissconnect it, now it flys!.

hope this helps

steve..

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
it's a td...

·
Megger
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have tried this , but no change. Tried it one more time a coulpe om mins ago and now I could get to max 30 km/h in 2:nd gear with pedal to the floor.. Sounds like it is not getting enough fuel to me or overfuelling..
When It runs there is also a some bluish smoke coming out of exhaust and this was not there before problems begun.

·
Megger
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem sorted :)

It was oxide in the oval connector comin from fuelpump , cleaned this and the car runs better than ever. Hope this helps someone else to sort their problems with poor running and heasitation when accelerating.

·
Megger
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Follow the advance selonoid cable and you will find the oval connector.. From this connector there are cables to the position sensor on top of the pump and the fuel shutdown selonoid. Or am I the only one here having this connector.. If you can´t find it I can post a picture

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.