Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i got myself a nokia 6230 mobile phone, it was locked onto vodafone network so i unlocked it to use with my o2 sim card, now, is there anyway i can get rid of all the settings that have been left behind by vodafone? ie the internet settings, message settings, startup and shut down logo etc?

also when i send a text message while it is sending i get the message alert tone as if i was recieving a text, is there any way i can stop the phone from doing this as its doing my head in after only 1 day?

cheers in advance guys
john

·
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much does it cost to get a phone flashed and a software upgrade???

·
Everybody lies
4,863 Posts
johnnyb said:
how much does it cost to get a phone flashed and a software upgrade???
Should cost you nothing, do a search for a forum covering your fone and if its possible you should be able to do it your self.

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
i would be interested in finding out how to stop the text message tone every time you send a text
a friends 6230 does this and its a pain

·
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TELBOY said:
i would be interested in finding out how to stop the text message tone every time you send a text
a friends 6230 does this and its a pain
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how to stop this if you find out....

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
my 6630 gives a quiet beep when a text is delivered if thats what you mean.

·
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no, it beebs whe you send a text, and its not a delivery report...

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Very strange, mine does not do this.

Have you tried a factory reset?

·
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right, the phone is a nokia 6230, it WAS on vodafone, i unlocked it and now its on o2, what happens is when i send a text during sending i get whatever message alert tone i have selected beeping, also when i finish a call i get the same message alert tone, i have just got some software to flash my phone but need a data cable, i think i have tried a factory reset, ifthats where you reset factory setting in the menu, i have also tried quite a few codes what i have found whilst on the internet, can anybody help me before i flash the whole lot and set it back to original nokia settings before vodafone got their hands on it....

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
thats the same phone as my friend has 6230 the sim is an 02 pay as you go with 300 texts free per month for 10-00
its getting on her nerves now :}

·
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TELBOY said:
thats the same phone as my friend has 6230 the sim is an 02 pay as you go with 300 texts free per month for 10-00
its getting on her nerves now :}
exactly the same here, o2, 300 texts for a tenner a month.

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
could be something to do with the way the sims are aet up then m8

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
johnnyb said:
.......... need a data cable, .....
PT me if you still want one John. or look on flea-bay. inc. the P+P you can get 'em there for about 7 squids :L

Andy

·
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
borrowed one mate, cant flash the phone so its off to the shop it goes...

·
23,164 Posts
No worries John... I'd have given it to you for the cost of P+P ;) Shhhhhhhhhhh though m8, might do a Meg sale job, lol.

Andy.

·
23,164 Posts
Only kidding folks ^^^.... If you need a DKU-2 cable, PT me and I'll sort yer :L

Andy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts