Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have recently bought Mondeo 1.8 SCI (petrol). Soon after I have discovered some kind of rattling coming from under the bonnet - have asked my local mechanic + researched net to find out that it might be inlet manifold flaps that needs to be changed.

I have also found that because of that the car lacks power and fuel consumption is well over average.

I have searched internet, eBay, Amazon, eurocarparts but none of them stock flaps for my car - rather unpopular SCI version. Been to Ford and was told that whole manifold needs to be replaced at a cost of over £400!!!

As far as I researched I need flaps, gaskets and rod/bar that runs across and holds/control flaps.

Could you help please?

Peter

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Take the manifold off, remove the flaps and the entire mechanism including the rod they attach to, fill any holes left in the manifold after removal, reinstall, plug the vacuum actuation pipe and be happy.

It's it worth spending money refitting new ones. They're a poor design and the car will drive fine without them. The cost of replacing them is not worth spending,considering what the car is worth.

There is a guide posted on here somewhere regarding swirl flap removal. Do it now before it damages the engine beyond economical repair.

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

·
oldie
193 Posts
D I y only cost you a fiver , mine are out and can tell no difference to when they were in.

Mondeo mk 3, were Flapless baby,

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
i too would advise removal. :L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts