Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2007 Mondeo, 140k, 125.000 miles. Recently I got my water pump and belts changed. Since then - not sure if it is related or not - very strange and loud noise emerged, see the video. Especially when I put a feet off the gas (like when changing gear or so).

It seems it's coming from air intake system, something similar as the issue here (www.talkford.com/topic/161734-engine-noise/), but I don't think it's the same. I tied the air intake pipe (the one with rectangular end) and no change in noise whatsoever. The whole air intake system was put apart and then back last week, but no pipes seem to be split or damaged and the noise is still there. All the services I've been in (and already paid 400 EUR) are clueless.

There is no warning sign, the car pulls as usual. Have any of you met with this before? All advices appreciated.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I know you say the whole intake system was taken apart and I may be clutching at straws here, but's was the turbo intercooler hose checked for splits?

I know the symptoms were different when it occurred on my MK3, but may be worth a look.

For what it's worth, the split wasn't obvious, but when upon discovering and replacing it, the car was much quieter, was more responsive and the mpg increased too, which was a bonus.

Totally tranformed the old girl.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - they dissasembled the whole air intake system, pipe by pipe and haven't found anything.. I just noticed the vibrations of the engine and the car around 1200 - 1500 rpm, they disappear in higher revs. I am starting to be kind of suspicious if the noise isn't the result of engine shaking. Maybe they didn't mount some cover properly when changing the belts,..

Did you experience something similar - I mean the vibrations - when you changed the pipe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay - mystery solved. The noise in air induction system was merely a symptom - when they were changing the belts, they didn't assemble it properly - they were shifted by one step (not sure what the english word is for it).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.