Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all

First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone as I'm new member here. Hope you are all okay.

I have been searching internet for couple of days and I have found many answers but seems to not much helpful.

I have Mondeo Titanium 2008 (July registered) 2.0 TDCi with Sony 6CD unit. I have original module without USB connection (7S7T-19G488-AE) and I would like to stream music from my phone without aux cables. So I bought newer module from eBay with USB connection (8M5T-19C112-AT), I found that any higher letter then "AM" supposed to support audio streaming. I have done straight swap, then it didn't work correctly.

I can connect my phone (galaxy s10e) and also I've tried second phone just in case (honor 20). Both of the phones are seen connected and I am able to see phone book list on Convers+, I can play music from any source on my phone, and I can see song title on the Sony unit and Convers as well, but the only thing I can hear is buzzing, don't know how to explain it but it is just constant "bzzzzzz" I've tried to make a call and my wife can hear me at home same as always with no problem, but I can only hear same buzzing sound. Radio, CD working fine.

1. I have downloaded 2012 update and I have updated module via USB stick, nothing has changed.

2. I have unplugged car battery for an hour to reset it, nothing has changed.

3. Someone said that I should change audio input from AUX in settings but I cannot find the option in menu. Then he said that if I cannot find it through menu I should be able to do it by voice commands. So I find another issue that voice command on the newer module does not working, when I press "voice" on the steering wheel I've got same buzzing sound.

Please can anyone help me out, as I'd really like to sort it out. Hate cables going around my car ????

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

I did same thing on my 09 plate titanium x mondeo and it worked first time. I think your friend suggesting the aux change means that aux is either "line in" or "BT device" and you have to make sure you have the right one selected. I think you probably do though. same fault on phone calls suggest fault with the new BT unit as it essentially operates separate from the headunit for phone calls

I'd try unplugging it all and see if the voice command starts working again. If it does it sounds like a bricked BT unit, send it back.

or unplugging it and plugging back in again may resolve?

·
Registered
404 Posts
On 2008 models, I'm sure there is some writing loop modification you need to make. I don't remember reading that you've done this. You'll have to do some more searching I'm afraid, I can't remember the details off the top of my head.

·
Registered
457 Posts
First, all BT-modules of type "8M5T-19C112-A*" could handle A2DP wireless music streaming. The last char only denotes the age of the firmware inside, and could be updated using an USB-stick (https://mk4-wiki.denkdose.de/artikel/audio_navigation/sound_connect/sc_update). So it does not matter. You could also have bought an "8M5T-19C112-B*" which is Multilingual and not only English. But i guess they are more common in Germany than UK.

Next, it is not sufficient to just swap the module, there are more things to get it work. You need to change your cars configuration data (CCC) to reflect that change: https://mk4-wiki.denkdose.de/artikel/elmconfig/ccc/bluetooth_handsfree

Depending on your radio type, it must be set to one of the "BT/VC High + USB + BT Audio..." settings.

Then, depending on your cars build date, you may have to change the loop-connector (https://mk4-wiki.denkdose.de/artikel/audio_navigation/audio-codierstecker) or swap Pin 6 and 10 of the white housing connector from the Quadlock: https://mk4-wiki.denkdose.de/artikel/audio_navigation/quadlock#kammer_c_weiss

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello same problem here, swapped my bt module for one with BT stream and usb, i can connect my phone, skip and pause the song playing in converse/sony unit but i cant hear nothing... Cant hear voice command lady either.. Aux in my glove box still works flawless. While calling i cant hear the person talking but he can hear me.. Did you get that sorted? My car is 2007 i belive and i have 8pin connector behind the glove box (6G9T-19A391 AB)... I heard you need to repin that 8pin connector to get it to work or change it for a diffrent one prehaps? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I researched this about a year ago. There is an older bluetooth module fitted and I think late 2010 models got the later bluetooth module fitted which permits music to be played via bluetooth. If I remember correctly you can pick up these modules for about £50 on ebay, not sure how you swap them over as I believe it is located behind the glove compartment.

A work around is to buy a bluetooth aux dongle e.g. MyJacks. If you do not have a sensible placed Aux port i.e. near the driverside, it should be located within the glove compartment. You put the bluetooth Aux dongle in the auxport and bluetooth that to your music device. You then select Inline.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I did same thing on my 09 plate titanium x mondeo and it worked first time. I think your friend suggesting the aux change means that aux is either "line in" or "BT device" and you have to make sure you have the right one selected. I think you probably do though. same fault on phone calls suggest fault with the new BT unit as it essentially operates separate from the headunit for phone calls

I'd try unplugging it all and see if the voice command starts working again. If it does it sounds like a bricked BT unit, send it back.

Hi,

I'd like to ask related to you answer. I have a 6000CD and a normal gauge cluster (no convers+ or anything). (My question is, that will I be able to choose between line in or BT streaming if I change the BT modul, or I need a convers cluster to be able to choose between?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

Hi,

I'd like to ask related to you answer. I have a 6000CD and a normal gauge cluster (no convers+ or anything). (My question is, that will I be able to choose between line in or BT streaming if I change the BT modul, or I need a convers cluster to be able to choose between?

Thanks in advance!
Not sure, I have (or had at time of original posting) the Sony dab.

I do have a 6000cd on a different car without Bluetooth module though and I see there is a separate aux and phone button. I suspect that the aux is just the 3.5mm jack and not Bluetooth but don't know for sure. I also suspect that the phone button would essentially be the Bluetooth connection so any audio would be accessed by using that.
I'm sure others will have a Bluetooth module on their 6000cd and would be able to comment. The age of the 6000cd would be a concern as to whether it would be A2DP compatible (which it would need as a minimum for music I think).

The standard was introduced in 2003 and the 6000cd was, I think, available on cars in the 1990's so, unless the BT module is post 2003 and still compatible then it probably won't stream music.

(Bear in mind I've made lots of assumptions here and never tried it)

Sent from my MC401_GWL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning all

First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone as I'm new member here. Hope you are all okay.

I have been searching internet for couple of days and I have found many answers but seems to not much helpful.

I have Mondeo Titanium 2008 (July registered) 2.0 TDCi with Sony 6CD unit. I have original module without USB connection (7S7T-19G488-AE) and I would like to stream music from my phone without aux cables. So I bought newer module from eBay with USB connection (8M5T-19C112-AT), I found that any higher letter then "AM" supposed to support audio streaming. I have done straight swap, then it didn't work correctly.

I can connect my phone (galaxy s10e) and also I've tried second phone just in case (honor 20). Both of the phones are seen connected and I am able to see phone book list on Convers+, I can play music from any source on my phone, and I can see song title on the Sony unit and Convers as well, but the only thing I can hear is buzzing, don't know how to explain it but it is just constant "bzzzzzz" I've tried to make a call and my wife can hear me at home same as always with no problem, but I can only hear same buzzing sound. Radio, CD working fine.

1. I have downloaded 2012 update and I have updated module via USB stick, nothing has changed.

3. Someone said that I should change audio input from AUX in settings but I cannot find the option in menu. Then he said that if I cannot find it through menu I should be able to do it by voice commands. So I find another issue that voice command on the newer module does not working, when I press "voice" on the steering wheel I've got same buzzing sound.

Please can anyone help me out, as I'd really like to sort it out. Hate cables going around my car
Hiya mate, did you ever get this sorted?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone.

Excuse my English translation, being French, I use google translate.

I'm relaunching this post because my problem looks a lot like the initial setup.
My mondeo 2008 is installed with a sony 6cd without usb or streaming. Reading all your posts, I just bought an 8m5T-19C112-AR. It is well seen, the various possibilities of the auxiliary menu are there, but I cannot connect my telephone (sony xz3). pin code error on the telephone, and no code given on the car radio.

So I tried an update via usb. But ... not having the original cable, I used 2 usb cables and soldered the wires to create it (mini usb B / female type A). The box can see its connection, the usb input becomes white with a key plugged in, but I tested mp3 ... nothing. The files found for the update are not read either.
How can I get this set to work ??? I'm starting to no longer know what to do. Recently I had tested the complete change of Chinese car radio ... A pure disaster! I'm not going to change car anyway ... ???
Thank you all for your help...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good morning all

Please can anyone help me out, as I'd really like to sort it out. Hate cables going around my car ????
Hi, did you manage to find a solution to this problem, I ssk because I'm exactly at the same point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts