Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I’m about to buy my first ever mondeo. Needed a family car and sold my fiesta ST in order to get something bigger.

I’m happy with mondeo titanium x business edidtion and what does it offer inside, however exterior is a bit… let say it lack character!

The question is, can you replace grills and fit front/rear bumper and side skirts from titanium x sport without extra requirements? Have anyone in here done that before and may guide me a little bit and advise what was the cost?

Seen the parts available on official ford website but the cost of them would be an actual half of the price for the vehicle itself.

Should I consider buying sport edidtion and just replace standard radio with sat nav? Please share any thoughts!

·
Super Moderator
31,704 Posts
Comparing my nephews X-Sport to my Business Edition there is very little in it, the X-Sports front bumper
does appear to jut forwards a little further but that maybe the colour. Very little in it. Are you looking at facelift
cars with the built in DRL's ? I think they look better.

I thought the X-Sports should have a better spec but A Zetec Business sometimes comes with more toys.

No shortage of used panels to swap over if thats what you want.

Possibly the biggest thing to swap would be the wheels, add those 19" wheels and stand back you may not
notice much else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Comparing my nephews X-Sport to my Business Edition there is very little in it, the X-Sports front bumper
does appear to jut forwards a little further but that maybe the colour. Very little in it. Are you looking at facelift
cars with the built in DRL's ? I think they look better.

I thought the X-Sports should have a better spec but A Zetec Business sometimes comes with more toys.

No shortage of used panels to swap over if thats what you want.

Possibly the biggest thing to swap would be the wheels, add those 19" wheels and stand back you may not
notice much else.
Thanks for a quick respond. I’m looking for biggest specs possible, so were only viewing titanium x business 2011 onwards, don’t really plan to put it on 19” alloys but I like the honeycomb grill and front/rear bumper with side skirts, that gives the car a bit sharper look.
As you said, seen loads of afternarket parts, not sure if they would fit to be honest.

Do you think it would be possible to put titanium x sport bumpers on titanium x business edition?

·
Super Moderator
31,704 Posts
Think the bumpers maybe the same, swap out the grill section?

Get the lower bumper trim and see if that fits over the standard bumper and the honeycomb grill
although that will probably need the surround also.

Without the wheels I think it would look strange, they fill the arches better than the smaller wheels.
Got me looking at pictures of my car now and those 17's look small.

·
I Love Diesel
2,577 Posts
I think the pre-facelift Tit X Sport looks more distinctive than the facelift and other variants (arguable whether it looks better or not). Tit X Business is only facelift, so you're looking at facelift upgrades. Sat nav was an option in Tit X Sport (pre-facelift and facelift), or you can put your own in if it just has the Sony radio.

·
MEG Corporal
2,820 Posts
I looked at cars without the standard sat nav with the view of changing it but it was too much hassle, and at the time in 2003 (not sure if things have changed) you would lose some functionality/information from the convers+ screen.

If you want the body kit then you can add the bumper extensions, skirts etc but could be quite costly considering you'd have to get it all painted/fitted and insure it as modifications. It might be easier to just get a Titanium X sport and changed the wheels to something smaller if you want a more comfortable ride. Though another member here did do it quite cost effectively iirc.

I had a ST24 as my previous car and I thought the standard MK4/4.5 looked a bit bland (no offence to anyone), hence I wanted the TXS.
Mine has Sat Nav with reversing camera, 8-way electric memory drivers seat (passenger is non-memory) with auto dip wing mirros when reversing and privacy glass as optional extras. As standard it has Bi-Xenon headlights with washers, front and rear parking sensors, half leather/alcantara trim with red stitching, front and rear mats with red detailing, sport suspension, aluminium pedals and of course 19" wheels, body kit and rear spoiler. As my car is black, you can't tell the grilles and rear diffuser are gloss black. Note: the 2.0 only has a single exhaust whereas the 2.2 has twin. And later MK4.5's had black headlights

Also, bear in mind that the timing belt, waterpump, pulleys and drive belt etc are due to be changed at 10 years or 125,000 miles, whichever occurs first. cost me £600 at a Ford dealer nearly 2 years ago.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
I Love Diesel
2,577 Posts
Nice looking car. Would have been the natural replacement for my Mk3 Tit X (panther black, with ST body kit), but the Mondeo got a bit too big for me after the Mk3.

The only other extras that come to mind are BLIS, lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control. And some pre-facelift have IVDC (do facelifts have this?). All facelift Tit X Sport have climate seats, but not all pre-facelift, iirc.

·
MEG Corporal
2,820 Posts
I thought my car had adaptive cruise control due the the blank on the front grille, but I realised after I bought it that it did not have the buttons on the steering wheel, turns out Ford fitted the grille due to lack of supply of the standard grille (somethinglike that). Not a problem though, would have been nice.

From what I can see IVDC is available on the MK4.5 but only for Titanium and Titanium X models (not sure about the later models like Tit Business Edition as looking at a 2012 brochure) and not the TXS.

Yes, climate seats are standard on the facelift TXS

·
Registered
444 Posts
The Sport versions also get zenon headlights and washers. Both the bus edition models only get halogen headlights, which is actually a downgrade on the AFS lighting the regular Tit X gets. I have a sport version and personally prefer the regular Tit X version which I had before. The standard 17” wheels and tyres are fine and considerably cheaper upkeep wise than the 19” on the Sport.

·
Registered
2017 Mondeo ST Line X hatchback 2.0 TDCi 180.
800 Posts
the bodykit is last i heard £1300 or so new, and that may not have been genuine (cant remember now, i was toying with a similar thing for my Zetec when i first got it) and that was WITHOUT the honeycomb grilles, painting or fitting.
you MIGHT get lucky and find used parts BUT they were (probably still are) in very high demand (so high ££££) if in good condition (or at least decent enough to bring back with some fettling). they do look a little 'odd' without the 'right' wheels (i have seen them on regular spec cars with 16s or 17s on) but that is probably because you rarely see them without the factory 18s or 19s on.

·
Registered
2013 Mondeo Titanium X Sport Ecoboost
390 Posts
Sat Nav was available on the Tit X Sport, but not all buyers opted for it.
When I was looking for mine (I spent 6 months looking for the right vehicle) I made sure to find one with the Sat Nav - as I much prefer that over DAB radio.
Mine is a facelift model.
Tit X Sport is available with either Petrol or Diesel powertrains. I opted for the 2.0 Ecoboost (240HP) which comes with the Powershift box as standard. No manual available for this variant.
Awesome motor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts