Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know too much about them except that is there one that looks like the ST 220 which I lik ethe look of??
I am looking for a 12 month old example or less for abot 15k if possible, any suggestions??
Any pitfalls from owning a diesel, we wont be dong huge mileages.
What sort of equipment levels can I expect and what are the servicing intervals and are they expensive compared to the petrol equivalent??
:thankyousign:

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
The ST220 one is the ST TDCi. If you arent doing the mileage then it may not be ideal for you as the diesels come into their own on the long runs. Saying that, the ST TDCi is going to be way more economical than the ST220 about town. I dont think you will have any trouble getting one for 15k or under - go for the facelift model (mostly from 55 reg onwards and have chrome around the bottom of the tail lights)

The Zetec-S looks quite sporty too, but think they stopped this on that facelift. You could consider a Titanium X too - very well specced car and looks lovely. You can get a whole lot of Mondeo for 15k!

·
Little Megger
33 Posts
The titanium X special editions before they became a permanent ficture in the Ford range come with the St body kit and sport suspension. Where as the current Titanium X looks very similar to a Ghia. I have the 2.2 TDCI great engine normally kit 44mpg to a tank about 500 miles between tanks at £50 ago. if you have the cash up front try Broadspeed.com for a new ST TDCI about £15900 i think.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you have the cash up front try Broadspeed.com for a new ST TDCI about £15900 i think.
is there anywhere like this that will do p/x on my present Mondeo??

·
Big Megger
144 Posts
Delighted with my 2.2 tit x, mine came with a host of extra's and had it 6 weeks now. Ex ford car which I paid £13k for, you should have no probs getting a superb car for the money you are talking about, good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ex ford car which I paid £13k for, you should have no probs getting a superb car for the money you are talking about, good luck.
sounds nice what extras did you get with it??

I need to know where does the best deals that will take my 53plate lx with 25k on the clock, does anyone have any ideas.
I know if all else fails I will have to go to the ford dealership, but just wondering if there was anywhere else in the Manchester area?? :L

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
I know the last time I was at the car supermarket that I bought mine the guy told me they had just gotten in few Titanium X's with delivery miles on them. That was a few months ago though so they will have gone now. That was MotorNation in Widnes - The only place I can think of in the Manchetser area is Virgin Cars in Salford (near the M602)

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Ignore that about Virgin Cars - just did a search for them and they stopped taking orders in December, so aren't trading anymore.

·
MEG Corporal
1,133 Posts
Rasher said:
Ex ford car which I paid £13k for, you should have no probs getting a superb car for the money you are talking about, good luck.
sounds nice what extras did you get with it??

I need to know where does the best deals that will take my 53plate lx with 25k on the clock, does anyone have any ideas.
I know if all else fails I will have to go to the ford dealership, but just wondering if there was anywhere else in the Manchester area?? :L
I got mine from Direct Cars. They don't have many TitaniumX
diesels left but the stock changes daily.

Cheers
Lee

·
Big Megger
144 Posts
Rasher, mine came with zenon :L ESR, PDC was management car from fords. Had 4 pick from, this was by far the best as only 6000 miles on clock and was priced same as others:). Have just checked site, seems at present they only have one in but this changes on a daily basis so question keep eye open. I have just bought a ford direct focus for misses which came fom a main delaer and quite surprised how far could push them so might be worth a go there. Hope this is some help.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
have just bought a ford direct focus for misses which came fom a main delaer and quite surprised how far could push them so might be worth a go there. Hope this is some help.
yes it is mate, so you managed to get a good deal from a main dealer??? Was this without a part/ex??

·
Big Megger
144 Posts
Had a p/ex to throw in, took a while but we got there in the end, thing to do is have alook at prices of the car you want from say autotrader then try find same car at a main dealer, if you play hard, but polite! you might just catch them needing a sale and get your price. The focus I got in the deal was a good £1500/2000 better then any other ford dealer, did take all day running round but worth it in my book.

BTW, I'm in the manchester area quite a lot so happy for you have a quick spin in my motor if you want see how they ride like.

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
have a look here under mondeo for some ideas my zetec s came from these people and they will px

1 - 18 of 18 Posts