Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problems that you will have are :-

1: the heater seats, they are suppose to work with the facelift model, all of the electrics have been reworked & will have problems working with the early mmk3 setup.

2: The seats are climate control & will not work unless you have a facelift model. Climate seats were not fitted on the early models, it came on the facelift models.

3: The airbag problems are the system is looking for sensors in the passenger seat & drivers seat. On the facelift model this was done away with.

What colour are the seats ?

I've put the leather in to mine but I have used the seats from a early model, which would work quite happly in yours.
hello

i've got the same prblem own a 2001 pre facelift and got me a full leather interieur from a 2006 ghia
can i solve the seat sensor problem ?

pls advice

gijs

·
Megger
90 Posts
This can be done.

Around 2002 /2003 Ford altered the front passenger seat sensors. Although Ford says this is not possible you need to change the seat senors over. The sensor in your 2001 seat is about a foot square and you will need to replace the sensor in your 2006 front passenger seat with this one (as your 2001 seat does ot have the seat belt warning chime). Disconnect the battery before working on the seats. A quick fix is to remove the sensor out of your 2001 seat, roll it up around smothing and tie wrap it - this will fool the senor that someone is sitting in the seat. Remove the electrical connection for the sensor and then plug in the sensor from your 2001 seat (sure it's the black connector).

The sensor is contained within the seat cushion. Take the seat out, unbolt the seat cushion and carefully dismantle it - it will come apart - a few fiddly clips but it can be done -I've done mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
try changing seatbelt catch with pretensioner on drivers seat. Take it from your old seat. That should sort your airbag problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.