Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i ugraded to the jag key and as you all are no doubt aware, you get the alarm on/off button!so to my surprise i find out ford hanvt updated the alarm sound.its crap, in my mk1's i expected it - they are getting on a bit now. But my current car is 2000 st24. and it lets of a very sorry beep....beeep.....beep....

so has anyone removed their alarm horn and replaced it with a modern sounding one...instead of it sounding like a montego etc!!!
ta! :L

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bollox i was hoping ot would just be 'dissconnect the old alarm horn' and 'fit new one'! never quite that easy though!
cheers longmile. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
i tried a few options on my mk3 as i had the same problem with the crappy sounding alarm.

tried a few different 12V sirens but they all sounded crap when left in place and the car was closed up, its nice & loud inside the car but pittyful outside.

so decided to get a sparkie out to the car & using info gathered from the Mirez webite ( www.mirez.co.uk - i think it was that one anyway :) ) i got the alarm wired upto the main car horn and its a vast improvement :whistling:

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
can't a cable be run to the engine bay for a siren,(don't know where 2000 alarm horn is, is it mk2 or 3)so it runsoff the original aarm horn?

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good ideas guys - its a mk2, so the alarm horn is in the boot on the left, under all the sound deadening!its really shambolic!the idea of wiring up the horn is good but im not really after decibels, im after a more 'new' sounding alarm.....good idea about wiring up a siren under the bonnet yoda....should be good...
thanks
:L

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did it! i bought a new 12v siren, and hooked the live up to the existing wire, and earthed it to the original horn mounting point. sounds alot better! :L
might get a stupid one that talks now (so if someones near my car i can press the alarm button on the jag key and my car will say something...can you get rude ones?!
haha :L

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
:L nice one m8

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.