Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Second post from me and this might sound stupid, but i have to know this :)

I bought this Mondeo MK2 SI Saloon, but I am not so sure if mine has an alarm/immobiliser fitted in it. The central locking works and i get blinkers goin on off when i do double locking, but the LED next to the clock does not blink.. it stays on for while and then starts blinkin.. I tried starting the car while the lock was active and it started witout anything goin off... any info on this will be much appreciated.. Please tell me if the Si series have an alarm/Immobiliser fitted as standard..if so how do I check this ?

Thanks
Prav

·
MEG Corporal
1,387 Posts
Hi, When you turn off the ignition, the immoberliser comes on automaticlly. When you lock the car(single lock) the alarm is set, and the red light next to the clock, comes on, and stays on, for about 10 seconds or so, then starts flashing. when you double lock(dead lock) the car, the indicators flash twice. To test the alarm, open a window, single lock the doors, wait 30 seconds, and then open the door from the inside door handle, the alarm should go off. If you try to start the car with the key when the doors are locked, you are cancelling the alarm.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey!

Just tried the alarm checking thing on my R reg 1.8TD estate...

Scared the cr :BEEP: p out of myself when it went off and the indicators started flashing...

...nice to know it works though...

:thankyousign: :stupid: :L

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmmm I think there is something wrong with mine then on the single locking bit!!! and the right rear passenger door doesn't get locked when single locked or double locked...

Do i need to change somethin here ??? Any loose wires somewhere which I can just plug in to get this workin?? :whistling:

Any help will be much appreciated.

:thankyousign:

Cheers
Prav

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.