Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Apologise if this has been asked/covered before, but how do I work out what bumpers are fitted to my Mondeo Mk3?

Looking to get a towbar and seeing a lot that say not for Ghia/Ghia x/St with Sport bumpers.... not really sure I see a major difference between my Ghia x and a lower spec model?

I have a 55 plate Ghia X...need to get a towbar, but it seems I might be round about the change so I'm not sure whether I should be getting the "sports bumper" version or not - anyone any idea what the actual difference it?

Cheers

Graeme

·
Super Moderator
30,323 Posts
Just avoid the ones that state not suitable for the Ghia X.

You can check the ETIS link below to see your cars spec, it may have the bumper

trim information.

But i would just phone the supplier and mention your make/model and confirm before

buying.

Whats your rear valance like? Is it a hatchback?

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,191 Posts
Hi Folks,

Apologise if this has been asked/covered before, but how do I work out what bumpers are fitted to my Mondeo Mk3?

Looking to get a towbar and seeing a lot that say not for Ghia/Ghia x/St with Sport bumpers.... not really sure I see a major difference between my Ghia x and a lower spec model?

I have a 55 plate Ghia X...need to get a towbar, but it seems I might be round about the change so I'm not sure whether I should be getting the "sports bumper" version or not - anyone any idea what the actual difference it?

Cheers

Graeme
As an example, an ST rear sports bumper has two exhaust cut outs, doesnt have reflectirs as low as yours, doesnt have a bump strip and has different fixings. A tow bar shouldnt be fixed with this type of bumper which is why ads say the tow bars arent suitable

·
Super Moderator
30,323 Posts
Another thought, the towbar requires an invisble cut to the underside of the splash

panel.

The larger bumpers may require a visible cut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts