Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont really know the name of these or if they can be purchased from Ford seperatley.....

Im after a pair of the weather strips that go around the headlights. Mine are in naff condition with rips and splits and I want to get some better ones. Anyone get what I need?

Here is a pic so you got an idea of what I am after....

Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Auto part Athletic shoe

Attachments

·
MEG Corporal
1,529 Posts
Apparently can't be bought from ford as I had an issue with mine after the blackeye conversion. I even got recommended to make my own from bike inner tube!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a drivers side one if its any use to you? I dont have the N/S as its buried deep inside an Audi A4. Will post it to you if you cover postage?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea ok Thanx. At least it's one side done. I will send you a private message with my postage address.

·
MEG Corporal
4,434 Posts
I may have the other as iv just bought some lights just for their looms so they may have these on

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the meantime I received a confirmation from the Hungarian company Cromax (whose website I linked here before). They ordered a piece to see what it really is - and it is indeed the L-shape piece we're looking for, on the top and the side of the headlight.

~25 bucks/side is a steep price, though. :(

I asked for FINIS, as they state it is an original Ford item. See where I can get with this. I'll keep you posted.

AndyA

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got another quick reply.

The Microcat picture is badly wrong, but the #11 rubber seal piece on this page is in fact the rubber sealing we're looking for. FINIS codes for the two sides are 1349900 and 1349901, respectively.

The guy told me he has the piece in his hands and the FINIS codes are as shown in Microcat.

AndyA

·
DRIVEN...
4,122 Posts
Be cheaper to buy some headlights on ebay surely lol. I'm selling a pair of headlights for £35 inc delivery!

·
Nick the Greek
15 Posts
The FINIS codes described above by Andy are indeed the correct ones.

I bought a couple of these (left+right) for my Mondy, a bit expensive at about 35€ each from a Ford dealer, as mine were in horrible condition, strips of them waving in the wind and plasteline-like feel when touched leaving a nasty and gluey black dirt on my hands...

Label description: DICHTRAHMEN - GASKET - 1S71 13066 AB (left) / BB (right)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ref : Headlight rubbers on Mk 3 Mondeo (. 1349900 and 1349901 ). What do these actually do ? I have just removed mine as they were totally destroyed. Should I invest in new ones at £35 a piece or are they just there for aesthetics ?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Hi

Seals maybe to just insulate where bonnet and grille fit to prevent any vibration against light. Any similar thickness of rubber bonded in place would probably work. Just don't use foam as this would hold water.

Perhaps when we are allowed to travel it may pay to visit a few breakers, complete lights should only be about a tenner and it may be possible to find a pair with sound seals.

Peter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.