Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MK3 dabbler
305 Posts
Sure is, might not be an exact fit as it's a pattern part, but others have chopped bits off as needed to make them fit.

·
MEG Corporal
5,689 Posts
the correct pump would have screw fittiings but this can be adapted .. for instance the screw in out let can be screwed off and the tee elbow screwed into its place . and yu may have to fit a jubilee instead of a quik fit fitting mot much change over but do the home work prior to unbolting the old pump .. just in case ..s

·
Registered
910 Posts
hi mate

this is the proper cheap one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mondeo-Mk-III-2000-2007-2-0-16V-DI-TDDi-TDCi-2-2-TDCi-Diesel-Fuel-Pump-/251173785254?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AMondeo|Plat_Gen%3AMK+III&hash=item3a7b1fcea6

THE ONE YOU POSTED YOU HAVE TO CUT THE WIRES AND CRIMP ON DIFFERENT ENDS(USUALLY INCLUDED) as this is the one i got last year.

the one i just posted is the one where you can just pull the old plugs out and put the new ones in! no modification needed!

you will have issues with the pipe between the two wiring connectors,but what to do is just use a spanner and unscrew the connector with the pipe still attatched and then screw it onto the new pump! Product Fluid Plastic bottle Line Liquid

i drew a red circle around the bit you have to unscrew!,see the pipe connector can break if you try unclip it as they get brittle this is the best and safest way to do it and its actually easier!

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
OK HERE IS A LITTLE GUIDE FOR YOU

FIRST GET THE PUMP OUT OF ITS HOLDER(I DONT NEED TO GUIDE THIS BIT)

REMOVE THE TWO WIRES NOT PULLING ON THE WIRING.

THEN UNSCREW THE NUT INBETWEEN THE PLUGS THE PIPE STAYS ON HERE! DONT TRY UNDO THE CLIP HERE AS THEY BREAK! IT IS MUCH EASIER JUST SWAPPING THE FITTING OVER(A BIT OF THE SPECIAL SEALANT FROM HALFORDS WONT GO A MISS!)

Product Fluid Plastic bottle Line Liquid

THEN ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PUMP THERE IS A RED CLIP ON THE HOSE,THESE UNHOOK FROM THE BACK LIKE IN THIS PICTURE,YOU WILL SEE A RED BIT ON THE END OF THE PIPE ITS LIKE A SQUARE WELL IT IS AT THE BACK OF THIS WHERE YOU PUSH BOTH CLIPS IN AND PUSH THE RED BIT FORWARD,THEY ARE OPENED IN THIS PICTURE HERE SO WHEN YOU SEE IT CLOSED IT WILL BE PRETTY OBVIOUS Gas Font Bicycle part Cable Electrical wiring

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
YEAH mate either way make sure buy the one with the fittings like in the picture,because it is a hassle having to crimp different ones on and if you need to go back to normal thats even worse!

i changed my pump as i got my mondeo cheap for that reason,you can always hear your pump if you put your ear to it when the enigine is going if you cant hear it then its not working lol.

but i bought a cheap one and after a month regretted it! i did my friends who bought a genuine bosch pump and the difference in noise from the pumps and also my friends car was a lot more responsive!

in the end i changed for a bosch one and it made a hell of a difference and it is warrantied!

the cheapest you can get one for is £95.71 from germany and the cheapest from uk is £98.39.

i can honestly say from expierence that going with the bosch pump is a good idea because it will last longer and they are made with better parts so they will pump the fuel at the proper constant pressure where as these cheap ones struggle you can tell by the noise they make while running! its really loud,if you buy a cheap one you have to think about the money you spent on it and the time wasted when comparing it to buying a bosch one!

heres the links

BOSCH GERMANY

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-Kraftstoffpumpe-Kraftstoffleitung-elektrisch-BOSCH-0580464096-EKP3D-FORD-/360824410636?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item5402cf920c

BOSCH UK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuel-Pump-Bosch-0580464096-/111480699279?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19f4c4798f

CHEAP ONE WITH CORRECT FITTINGS UK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mondeo-Mk-III-2000-2007-2-0-16V-DI-TDDi-TDCi-2-2-TDCi-Diesel-Fuel-Pump-/251173785254?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7b1fcea6

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY HELP MATE,but you wont get a bosch one cheaper as i looked for myself for hours before buying,i wasted £30 on a cheap one and a hour of labour and getting covered in diesel just to save £50 and in the end it just cost me more! you have to think about what damage you are doing to your injector pump too having a varying pressure from the cheap lift pumps!

·
Registered
910 Posts
IF YOU WANT I CAN SCAN THE PAGE FROM MY HAYNES MANUAL ON FOR YOU

JUST ASK IF YOU WANT ME TO AS I AM NOT DOING IT IF YOU DONT NEED IT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts