Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have localy one Mondeo mk4 with some wiring that i need to salvage (AFL), but its also have keyless start (start button). Now for keyless start (start button) to work do i need remove some additional parts to make to work?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Of course you need ;-)
Beneath the button you need both front door handles (they contain keyless antennas)
The electrical steering wheel lock
The antenna receivers above the ashtray, in the middle-tunnle near the rear ashtray and in the boot behind the rear seats.
Then of course the KVM module from the rear.
All wiring harnesses (door, floor, dashboard, motor bay) and fuses
Eventually a new BCM.
New keys and a Ford dealer to program them to the cars PATS.

·
Big Megger
3,043 Posts
Of course you need ;-)
Beneath the button you need both front door handles (they contain keyless antennas)
The electrical steering wheel lock
The antenna receivers above the ashtray, in the middle-tunnle near the rear ashtray and in the boot behind the rear seats.
Then of course the KVM module from the rear.
All wiring harnesses (door, floor, dashboard, motor bay) and fuses
Eventually a new BCM.
New keys and a Ford dealer to program them to the cars PATS.
Are you sure you need front door handles for keyless start (push button).
Are you getting mixed up with keyless entry?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Are you sure you need front door handles for keyless start (push button).
Are you getting mixed up with keyless entry?
He‘s right - all this stuff is needed for keyless start. Keyless entry adds the door handles (which as well as the lock buttons have antennae in them), an additional antenna behind the rear bumper, new door looms & locks plus a lock switch on the drivers door and outside on the tailgate - so tailgate loom. Also needs to have the correct wiring present in the main car body harness - plus an upgraded wireless module. The keyless start feature is a subset of full keyless entry.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ok, if misunderstood the question. Anyway, you need nearly all parts i told and PCM must always support it (maybe changeable by Firmware-update).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all info. I have luck that i can remove myself all things what i need. Basicly i need wiring for AFl and tow bar, but if i remove it i can then have keyless start ;) For coding its not problem. I have one coolege who can make programing all things. But this wll be waiting because i am curently in phase of retrofiting IVDC. I Barely found all missing connector, their names and types...o_O

1 - 7 of 7 Posts