Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Australia and have a Mondeo wagon, Mk5, 2016. At only 55000km's (34000 miles) I was told one of the rear shocks was leaking.... badly. Unfortunately the car was a year out of warranty so Ford, obviously, refused to do anything about it. Over here, there are no aftermarket replacements available. It appears Ford put the self levelers on as standard here (I think they were optional in the UK). As they were standard in Australia, Ford will only provide the self levelers as a replacement. And they want $2,400 before fitting!!! (thats 1,286GBP!) My mechanic was pretty appalled at the state of the OE shock, especially when he found out the price, and said "They're just not worth it". And I really don't want to give Ford that much money!
I started searching parts websites based in the UK and have found a number of aftermarket parts (normal, not self leveling) stating they are suitable for a 2016 Mk5 wagon. I was wondering if anyone has had to do this? Does anyone know if the self leveling shocks use different mounts etc? I'm hoping it would all be the same as that would keep things simple for Ford in the factory. I really don't want to ship shocks and springs out here only to find they're useless. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
29,536 Posts
Try catcar.info or 7zap.com to check for compatibility.

Have you got the electronic damper control? That may throw up warnings if you swap. Is that
a problem with your MOT equivalent?

Spring/Shock list.. (double check these apply to cars in your country)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts