Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help...
I have extended Evans Halshaw Guarantee, which means nothing it seems. Why I took it out, I never know. It seems NOTHING is covered.
Anyway, My 08 plate Mondeo Titanium X Tdci (140) parking sensors are up the spout, not working. They are ford sensors fitted to the car from new from the factory. They have just stopped working. If I engage them manually its just makes a beeping noise and the parking sensor button on the dash just flashes 6 times .When I put the car in reverse it does the same. I also notice I am getting a high pitch noise from the Engine appartment aslo when the car is non running mode, ie. when just the ignition is on. Anybody have any ideas ? Cant afford Ford prices to fix them.

·
Super Moderator
1,513 Posts
The high pitched noise is normal on ignition on, mine does the same.
Parking sensor faults can only be read by a Ford approved scanner which displays 7 digit DTC codes.
Mine have a mind of their own, they can work for weeks then from no where a single tone and flashing button.
You might want to visually check each sensor for debris or damage other than that it's probably water ingress in one of the connectors.

The MK3 Mondeo had a built in beep code which identified what sensor was faulty, unfortunatley with the MK4 you have to pay to get them diagnosed. Step backwards if you ask me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your prompt reply. Others say you can hear a clicking noise from each sensor if they work, Looking and lisening around my sensors (Front and Rear), none of them are clicking. Would you know where the control unit is for my car also? Also, how easy to remove the FRONT sensors. I can get to the rears and see 12volt coming from the connector, but cant get to the front to test.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all I am a new Mondeo user, I have just bought one it is 2008 mk4 titanium,I was a bit sceptical when I bought it. I use to drive Hondas for years and now I have changed for this. hmm I am not so happy...
The parking sensor faulty, and I don't know what just happened. water? can be I have just come back from Europe over 3000 milles trip driven in rain to.
But as I remeber it beggins before the rainy part, so even worst. If anyone knows a solution please answer.
Also I have touch sat nav (Blaupunkt nx) I would like to use usb connectivity, but there is no usb, is anyone know anything how to fitt a usb to this audio system?
cheers

·
Megger
3,400 Posts
Go tp the ice section and start a post for usb advice. 're the sensor, have you read this thread and looked at the links?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts