Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,im looking to change my old TDDI estate & have been looking on the bay the locals, Auto rader etc,my car at the minute has a vibration at idle and between 55 & 65 mph it gets really bad,im assuming the clutch is failing or the dmf as gears are sometimes difficult to select, my aircon pump is vagined & rattles when it kicks in on auto,could this be the problem with the car im watching in bay ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-FORD-MONDEO-2-2-TDCI-ST-DIESEL-ESTATE-BLUE-MANUAL-/130769461111?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e72779f77&_uhb=1

·
Super Moderator
31,104 Posts
Unless your a mechanic and like taking engine and boxes out don't bother,

If it was a cheap fit they would have done it.

He has made you aware of that fault, So no claims for it later on.

Shame because it looks well specced.

Wonder if they fitted a poor quality clutch and single plate flywheel.

Factor in £800 for a new DMF ?

·
MEG Corporal
5,689 Posts
the vibration on your tddi may be a bottom mount . and the ac ..may just need a new pulley . the motor on the bay may have a gearbox problem on the input shaft . or it may also have a pressure plate problem or the mech may have ringed off some of the bolts on the flywheel when replacing the clutch and flywheel .. all unknown quantity whereas you know exactly what you have with the tddi if you spend a few bob on putting it right . .. ..I would think long and hard about getting rid of the tddi . it is a very reliable motor when looked after. s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.