Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Mondeo ST Wheels

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  paulcollins54 
#1 ·
I have a Mk3 Mondeo 16" rims alloy, I really like the Mondeo ST alloys which are 18", would I get away with putting some on my mk3, if I could would I need low profile tyres.
Paul

#9 ·
leesylv said:
Luckystrike said:
Paul, to answer your last questions :) Yes, you will need low profile tyres to use the ST220 alloys
Agreed! usual size is 225/40/18's

HTH :L
Thank you both ,I've written the size down ,just want to check the ride height with TC Harrisons as, the ST has different suspension.
Leesylv I love the angel eyes on your mondeo, and the whole look of it, bet you get some looks with it.This summer mines getting the treatment ,some side skirts , not sure if there off an ST or Ghia,different back bumper, it's ink blue met, my friend who owns a body shop, want to give it respray with all the bits fitted ink blue met of course, and a couple of shelby stripes ghosted on, then a couple of coats of clear, well that's the plan, think I'll fit reversing sensors while we are at it.And the front fogs could be replaced with DRLS in the fog lights. That's it on the list

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
D_C said:
Personally I think the ST wheels only look good on the ST. Go for the Zetec-S wheels, will suit a non-ST Mondeo alot better in my opinion.
I'm putting mine on for the first time this weekend (ST220 alloys). I'll take some pictures and then you'll see what it could/would look like on a bog standard LX.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Luckystrike said:
D_C said:
Personally I think the ST wheels only look good on the ST. Go for the Zetec-S wheels, will suit a non-ST Mondeo alot better in my opinion.
I'm putting mine on for the first time this weekend (ST220 alloys). I'll take some pictures and then you'll see what it could/would look like on a bog standard LX.

#16 ·
paulcollins54 said:
D_C said:
You see now youve gone and given me a probelm , I've never seen Zetec S wheels , mines a Zetec 2.00 ltr, now I've got to go and have a blinking look see.
Nope I like the ST wheels more

#17 ·
I've got to say I like your ST wheels, could you tell me what size tyres are you using , and is the ride height OK, as this is my major concern.
Paul
Hi, tyre size is 225/40/18. I have not messed around with ride height, it is factory standard and there is more than enough space. If anything the ride height could actually be lowered but i like the way it is now. =)

#19 ·
fordabroad said:
nice .......just wondering if the steering geometry needs changing when you go from the 16s to either the 17s or 18s and what sort of difference its gonna make on fuel consuption and the speedo reading cheers
The geometry and speedo reading should be the same as the rolling diameter should always be the same whether you have 16's or 18's (And use the correct tyre size) Please anybody correct me if im wrong.

Regarding fuel Eco. Well, time will tell, but they are garenteed to bring me better F. economy than the studded winter tyres that just come off ! :L

#20 ·
Luckystrike said:
I've got to say I like your ST wheels, could you tell me what size tyres are you using , and is the ride height OK, as this is my major concern.
Paul
Hi, tyre size is 225/40/18. I have not messed around with ride height, it is factory standard and there is more than enough space. If anything the ride height could actually be lowered but i like the way it is now. =)
Thank you for replying so quickly,thanks to your info, I can go a head and get some of these in confidence,I'm not going to get any probelms.
thanks
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.