Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

First of all, my english is not so good, so be patience. I have learned same english as Tommi Makinen, Mika Hakkinen and many other Fast Finns.

I have read this forum a lot and find out, that many person who wrote here, knows what they are talking about. I tried to search answers, but havent got any luck.

My question is about 2,0 tdci Mondeo from 2004 with fixed vane turbo. It is commorail diesel.

I installed the Racechip and at least it feels that torque and power has increased.

Now I want more, increase the boost with bleed valve. Its value now is max 14,2psi (1bar) (according the Torgue for Android). I'm thinking something like 18-23psi (1,3-1,6bar) for boost.

How much boost can be raised until the Limp Mode turns on?

How can I cheat the ECU, so that increasing can be made if Limp Mode comes on if boost is increased even 1,5psi?

Simple answer is Re-mapping, but in Finland it is too expensive for me (450-1200€).

So I am looking for simple and most of all cheap way to increase boost to get little more torgue and power.

Thank you for answers...

·
Super Moderator
31,290 Posts
If your only getting 14psi your down on power.

I have used the torque app on my android phone and the app maxes out at 18psi i think

but my car is still boosting above that level.

Mine is a variable vane though. But 14psi is low. Got a boost leak somewhere?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have variable vane turbo, it means, that you have 130ps engine and computer controlled turbo with overboost.

My Mondeo is in between TDDI ( 90ps) and TDCi (130ps). Or at least it is so in Finland. I'm not sure if this 115ps TDCi has been sold to England. In Finland TDDI version was sold with 90ps, was it 115ps in England?

I'm going to look for any possible leaks. First time I measured the boostpressure was last autum, whem I bought ELM327. Then it was 14,2psi and it is still the same. So If there is a leak, it has not gone bad.

When accelerating hard (gear 6) from 100kmh to 130kmh, boost raises to its max 14,2psi in second, but then starts to drop slowly towards 12psi. Is this normal or sign of a leak?

The original question is still without answer? Is it possible to cheat ECU and where are the Limp Mode limits?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.