Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Little Megger
153 Posts
Ok so it is time my much loved Mondeo 2.0 TDCI has to go to make room for a new vehicle. So with this in mind I am asking forum members to help me price my tune up parts I will have up for sale very soon. Parts listed.
1) Asbo brakes with new discs and pads.
2) DPF bypass a quality stainless steel item very well made.
3) Rover Ron fuel rail mod box.
4) Bluefin you will need to have it reset.
5) EGR bypass.
6) xenon headlights complete with conversion loom.
7) xenon washer tank including all hoses and washer jets plus washer jet covers.
8) K&N panel filter to fit standard filter box.
9) Genuine Ford Focus RS 19" alloys all strait no buckles or dents. Few chips on paint and a little amount of bubbling. Two good tyres Falcons two need replacing. Make your car look hench.
10) wheel spacers to allow the Focus RS fit Mondeos (extra clearance)
11) Airtech inter cooler.

All items are in great used condition. Your help and interest will be much appreciated. Once I have got an idea I will post on this forum sales following all forum rules.
Thanks for your help

·
Little Megger
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi SNO

Yes exactly what is it worth ?

·
Megger
982 Posts
At the risk of stating the obvious, something is only worth whatever someone else is willing to pay really. I'll have a stab at ballpark/conservative estimates based on figures I've seen before, but I'd say a bit of ebay scouring would be your best bet to get a better idea.

1) Asbo brakes with new discs and pads. - £200
2) DPF bypass a quality stainless steel item very well made. - I don't know what this is, wasn't aware DPF was an option on Mk3 until recently and even then, it's uber rare as far as I know.
3) Rover Ron fuel rail mod box. - What model of box is it? I might be interested in this. (In which case it's only worth a fiver! :whistling: )
4) Bluefin you will need to have it reset. - £25 as it's only a code reader until you pay a couple of hundred for the reset.
5) EGR bypass. - £15-20
6) xenon headlights complete with conversion loom. - £100-120
7) xenon washer tank including all hoses and washer jets plus washer jet covers. - £30
8) K&N panel filter to fit standard filter box. - £15-20
9) Genuine Ford Focus RS 19" alloys all strait no buckles or dents. Few chips on paint and a little amount of bubbling. Two good tyres Falcons two need replacing. Make your car look hench. - no idea on these to be honest, but buyers will need to budget an extra couple of hundred for a refurb - say £600 at a guess?
10) wheel spacers to allow the Focus RS fit Mondeos (extra clearance) - again, not sure, brand might be important. say £80?
11) Airtech inter cooler. - age/condition dependent, say £100?

I hope none of those prices are seen as offensively lower than you're hoping. As I say, they're very ballpark and a lot of them are guess-timates. I'm a bargain hunter myself though (aka tight git) so they aren't necessarily prices I'd pay, but might be a start for you. And it also depends then how quickly you're looking to get rid of them for cash and to price accordingly...no point advertising at the going rate if you're looking a quick sale.

Anyway, let me know more about the Ron box and good luck with the rest of the items.

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,120 Posts
Gemo, I'll add a few prices based on what I see, pay and have sold for:

ASBO calipers: £70-200. When you say new pads and discs do you actually mean new as in less than say 100 miles or do you mean used but with lots of wear left? I say this as if the discs have done 1000-3000 miles they are at the period that many discs can warp, and thus need replacing. The price you charge will clearly depend on what discs and pads you have. If you have OEM focus ST or drilled/grooved discs they are worth more than eBay cheapies, the same goes for pads. I paid £400 for ASBO calipers, sand blasting the calipers, brand new drilled and grooved discs and mintex pads.

I didn't know the mk3 had a DPF, but a decat can be bought for £25 brand new.
Rover Ron........throw it away :)
Bluefin......how much does a re programme cost?
EGR bypass, no idea, but an EGR blank is only a fiver
Xenons £150 if the headlight lenses are clear. If your loom is very well made and properly wrapped then maybe add £20-25 on top.
K and N filter. Only £30-35 new and won't work as well as an OEM filter after a few months. You are essentially selling a filter that is more restrictive than a new OEM one........judge your price from a new OEM one.
Alloys. Prices on these vary do much it's crazy. I'd sell a set of 18 inch ST rims for 100-150 with tyres on, but some people ask £400. Ask whatever you want for your rims, but be aware that a brand new set of aftermarket RS alloys can be bought for £450 and they wouldn't need another £250 on top for refurbing. It's pointless saying there is only a little bit of bubbling etc. The rims either need a refurb or they don't. :)
Where spacers, if they are eibachs then £100-125 for all four. If they are cheapos then less than whatever you paid for them.
Inter cooler £100

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,120 Posts
Just had a quick look at 19inch RS alloys.
They can be bought brand new for £217 each. This means that if you wanted £525 for yours, by the time the buyer took time to refurb them they could have a brand new set. Obviously that doesn't account for two part worn tyres, which could be bought for £50-60.

That said, eBay is a very odd place and I've seen second hand things sell at way above the new price :)

·
Little Megger
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies.
The Asbo discs and pads are Mintex and only 300 miles old.
And to be honest never get treated harshly I tend to drive carefully.
Wheels are being refurbished as I type.
EGR bypass is a full flow device and wildly out performs a blanked off EGR which is restrictive.
I think the washer tank nozzles hoses and cover plates are worth a little more but it's only worth what people are prepared to pay.
I have also got an 11kg NOZ bottle polished alloy that was meant to be fitted but ended up sitting in the garage.
Thank you all for your time and effort. In the coming days I will pull all the parts together and put them up for sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts