Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All,
I’m pretty green to these forums. My issue:
Couldn’t get in my car this am. via IR fob. Key in doors didn’t appear to work either. Boot opened with key though and I climbed in that way. Started car ok, couldn’t unlock any doors from inside, but noticed one back door was actually unlocked - I locked the car with the IR fob the night before and got the usual indicator flashes with the double/dead locking - but that door won’t lock from the inside.

I tried the spare key â€" no different. So disconnected battery for probably less than 5 min. Key now worked in the door â€" maybe I wasn’t turning it with enough force not wanting **** it. The fob battery has about 2.7V so I don’t think it’s that. I still can’t unlock the passenger front door with the key.

I noticed that the alarm red indicator on the dash next to the clock is on constantly and flashing brighter. Also when I start the car it does not go out as normal. I then tried resetting the alarm system via the bonnet switch L.H. side above rad. As suggested on http://www.mirez.co.uk but get no horn or flasher indications.

One last thing in the past on occasions the central door locking has locked the doors while I have been driving.
I guess my questions are:
- Should I disconnect the battery for a good half hour?
- or try unplugging the alarm module connectors one by one? â€" they’re a bitch to get to?
- is the back door lock screwed and the cause or just a symptom?
- Any other suggestions are welcome

PS. Sorry I suffer from verbal diarrhoea

·
Registered
17 Posts
[color:red]Fixed; Sorted[/color] :L :driving:
[color:brown][/color] Don't ever forget the obvious. I checked the fuse 20A and it was dud.

The simple things in life are the most rewarding!

[/color]'As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can't remember the other two...' and 'Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.'

·
Registered
17 Posts
[color:red]Not fixed![/color]

Ok. My problem has returned :sad: â€" the 20A alarm fuse has blown again â€" Same symptoms: All doors locked except driver side rear which won’t now lock; dashboard alarm LED on constant and flashing; Unable to unlock front doors with the key(s); replacement fuse fixes it “but for how long?”
It’s all in deadlock mode and I half suspected a problem when I deadlocked it with the fob cos I didn’t hear the usual clunk of locks but thought it was my hearing going â€" it’s my age 
So suggestions sought and welcome!
Is it the rear door mechanism causing the blown fuse â€" unlikely I think. Or is the unit on its’ way out. Someone said that they heard it’s a common problem on Fords and the suggestion was to up rate the fuse to a 25A â€" sounds like the old “trick” of jamming a six inch nail into a fuse holder so it doesn’t blow - but I am obviously reluctant to do this.

B.T.W. Thanks for the various postings on the Airbag light flashing. Fixed mine by fiddling with the wires under drivers seat.

"I'm Not ageist, I just don't like getting old"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,
Had no response to this posting. It maybe because I said that it was fixed at one point. However, the issue persists and I have been fixing the symptom rather than the cause.

I have replace the fuse twice and the current replacement has blow. After the last fuse relacement I refrained from using the fob and simply used the key. Obviously this didnt work. :sad:

Any ideas? My questions still apply. Is it possibly one door mechanism causing a current surge? Is it worth trying to uprate the fuse to a higher raiting - at the risk of cooking some wires?

Suggestions welcome.
Cheers
Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.