Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
wakefield1983
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bloody mondeos!!

right first thing first,

i got the mondeo mk3 tdci 187k 130ps a month or so ago new turbo in 2008 clutch/flywheel in 2010

some history with it.

right it has no boost no power i got an f-super and found some dtc codes;

1; PO235 TURBO/SUPER CHARGER SENSOR A CIRCUIT cleared

2; PO243 TURBO/ SUPER CHARGER SOLENOID A

3; P1211 INJECTOR CONTROL PRESSURE HIGHER/LOWER THAN DESIRED (ENGINE RUNNING) cleared

right manged to clear 1 & 3 codes but cannot clear no. 2

there is vacuum to the egr and brake servo but not to the vac actuator on the turbo ergo no waste-gate no turbo, there aren't any worn pipes MAF is also new and the cam? crank? sensor on the front of the block is grey not black can this still go faulty.

Question can the solenoid A be replaced and where can i get one and what would the part number be?

the car is fully drivable but under 60mph and 2000revs hit a hill or go fast and limp mode and cuts out but after restarting it it has full power up to 2nd gear hit 3rd and its gone no power.

the engine is VERY knocky when cold but quiet when warm.

also when the engine temp Gage shows warm 9at the middle of the Gage and you open the bonnet the engine cover is burning hot you could fry an egg on it!!

please please help

i really like the car but wondering where to start or would i be pouring money into it? or should i just get rid to a car sales??

Gaz

help please

·
???
3,628 Posts
Hi Gaz,

When you see the price from Ford you might want to try a scrap yard.

I'm not totally convinced about these numbers. They are the tubular solenoid but there only appears to be one in the list. The ones on my car have slightly different electrical connectors from each other.

Finis 130694
3S7Q 9E882 AA

Does this look like your's?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-mondeo-2-0-tdci-turbo-boost-valve-2006-98ab-9e882-FREE-POSTAGE-/190696194194?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AMondeo|Plat_Gen%3AMK+III&hash=item2c66610092

Peter

·
MEG Corporal
5,689 Posts
ok gaz.. first the motor has 187000 thousand miles on .. and this is often when motor s are getting near end of life .but i see she has had a turbo refit in 08 ,, that four yrs back and if it was a new trubo then ok it would last the pace but if not the i would test the turbo .. heres a how on this . follow the pipe from the air box to the tubo and pull this pipe off where it enters the turbo . then have somebody start and run the engine whilst you Observe the impeller .DONT PUT DIGIT NEAR THE IMPELLER WHILST THE ENGIEN IS RUNNING ..OR FINGER will get damaged... watch the impeller .it shuld run with a slight air whine . .. then pull the pipe off the inlet manifold and hold you hand over the pipe and have somebody bring the revs up over two k ..Does the air pressure comming from the unclipped turbo pipe increase... . if after these tests you suspect the turbo is not working ..then check the control arm on the turbo ..and check the turbo ... If the turbo check out and looks like its working then do a leak off test on the injectors and clean the egr valve .. note that the faults shown i.e turbo supercharger solenoid.. First there is no supercharger on your motor .and also the solenoid spoken of in the fault diag may only refer to the actual control arm solenoid . the fault codes are in other words not specific to the actual part affected but you can rest assured that the fault diagnosed is turbo based as it mentions the turbo specifically twice in the faluts diagnosed ..It also sites the fuel system so check the filter and leak off test the injectors..

·
wakefield1983
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi salta firstly iv had mondeos before and 2 had over 240k on the clock on their first turbo and had no issue with them.

the turbo is running fine the vacuum actuator arm moves freely there is no movement on the impeller and it spins freely.

i cleaned the egr valve out 2 week ago and its gleaming and checked all pipe work for cracking or oil on the outside of the pipe and none found not solved the problem.

i have changed the maf sensor and the pipe running from the air box to the turbo as it was the original one with the pop rivets in at the join near turbo just in case it was leaking for a straight pipe with no joint.

my turbo actuator is vacuum operated by the way not electronic, so the diag can't be talking about this as there aren't any electrical wires going to the turbo.

the vacuum pipe running from the actuator runs down to the front of the engine and joins the egr and brake vacuum hoses, no both the egr and brake hoses connecting here both have vacuum pull on them but the actuator doesn't.
i have remove the actuator pipe at its base on this joining vacuum with 3 hoses exiting ( egr, actuator and brake servo) and still no pull(vacuum).

the pipes connect to to electrical pumps like devices one above the other with enter and exit vacuum tubes the bottom one is working the egr and brake servo pipes and the top one is for the actuator but isn't working.

I am very sorry for the lengthy explan.

any help would be great

·
wakefield1983
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mondeo 2.0 tdci 52 reg 130bhp estate euro 3 187k

managed to get the turbo back
re fault code 2; PO243 TURBO/ SUPER CHARGER SOLENOID A

this solenoid that didn't doesn't exist to some folk has now been replaced and got full turbo back and a bit more as its now like sh#t off a stick.

there is however an elusive BUT!! the car goes into limp mode when giving it some revealing 2 codes
this one pops up and can be cleared whilst driving (( p0251 injection pump fuel metering control A ))
it drops to limp with coil flashing but clear the code and flashing stops.

if i give it a bit more grunt mainly in third it goes to limp and cuts out then shows the following code;

P1211 INJECTOR CONTROL PRESSURE HIGHER/LOWER THAN DESIRED (ENGINE RUNNING)

i'm thinking either fuel pump is well on its way out or the injectors are really buggered.

i ran formidable the other day and read the injectors and when loading them it showed a green box then once loaded red and all zeros 0000000000000000000000000 in every injector does this mean im guessing that the codes have gone and need recoding.

anyone in wakefield capable of having a look at it??? cheers Gaz

help!!!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
f super cant read codes off early tdci's upto 53 plate approx

·
MEG Corporal
1,762 Posts
If you have F super try reading the fuel pressure. I was talking to shane at swad diesel, and the fuel pressure must be within +/-5 bar of the required duty when the ECU asks for it pretty much instantly else they go straight to limp mode.
you should see max pressure - 1400 or 1600 bar with you toe down with the engine speed around 2000RPM and moving along - you can't do this without load. If the fuel pressure never rises instantly you have either pump or injectors wigged out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts