Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys & gals

im installing mood lighting to some areas in car and i need some help from someone that know about the electrics, i have a mondeo tit est 2014 mk 4.5
Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Gauge

the module im wiring in needs a 12v supply , which isn't the issue, what is the issue is im trying to wire it in to come on when the internal lights come on at night , im talking about the lights that illuminate all the switches . so i won't the mood lighting to come on when all the internal illumination comes on.
at the moment i have it set up with the power from the cigarette lighter socket, i just wired it in at the back of cigarette socket to get the 12v, the module also has a wired switch and this is how i switch the mood lighting on using this switch.

so what i want to do is , connect the module someway so it comes on when the instrument lights/ switches light up.
i have looked at going from the fuse box under the glove box and taking something from there to power up the module, i did come across a fuse saying cluster,
also i friend said could run a wire to the main light control unit, perhaps link to the side lights ?

Sorry i know this is a bit long winded, but theres probably a wicked electronics head on this site who knows what i need to do

thanks Matt Speedometer Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Gauge

· Super Moderator
31,912 Posts
Does the lighter socket have illumination? I would take my feed from somewhere not linked to the canbus to be safe.

Or an ignition live with manual adjustment for the light output/intensity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts