Ford Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
I would rather push a Ford than drive a VW
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thnx m8:)

Yea i know... but i gotta do some work on the rear wheel arches and some other places... damn canser(rust)

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Plan for tomorrow, rip out carpet and put in new isolation under... been driveing for a year without.. getting cold... and I'm going to wire up rear footwell ligts and a interior light switch...

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update:

Ripped out the chairs, centerconsole and carpet and replaced the isolation I ripped out a year agow and put in some extra where it was needed and replaced some moulded isolation

Before:

After:

Then I opened the air hose at work up to full pressure and gave the carpet a blow over (blow job:p) wich I really recomend everyone do! i had to wear protective glasses to avoid getting hurt by the sand that came out... I even got all the stains out... even old, stomped on choclate came out and the hair in the carpet raised up like a brand spanking new carpet... so I did the same to all seats and DAMN! I thought the industrial vac at work got a lot, but there was so much dust and general Sh|te in there that my workshop was cloudy afterwards.... here's the carpet in the car afterwards...

Then I had a look outside the car and realized that it was to good looking inside to look like sh|t outside... so i gave it a full rubdown and rewax

Before(after cleaning):

After rewax:

Yea i know the car looks totaly wank with the oh so loveley steeleys on but hey... I ran out of cash....

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok I found myself scraping my exhaust in a 10 cm high rock today that does it, come new year my coustom stainless manifold ether needs to go or need a redoo...

·
1,139 Posts
Update:

Riped out the old splash screen inside my front doors today and put in new, did this to the rear doors 6 months agow so now no more water leaks and wind:)

here's before:

scraped of the old liquerish glue thingey and put new on:

if annyone needs the glue I can get it real cheap... and I mean REAL cheap! PM me for info!

and then brand new splash screens:

Also did the door handle light mod:

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Puddle Lights Install:
Before:

After:

Inside:

In the dark:
http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/Morbidos/?action=view&current=MOV03580.flv

installed the lights that sitt inside the MK4 outer mirrors(will update with part nr.)
got the bulb holders from a scrapped mondeo (park lights)

the power feed is from the footwell lights and the ground go to the door swich.

Had to glue the lamps to my door as the steel in the door is not thick enough to hold the lamp on it's one... but bulb change is possible from the inside annyway... glued the bulb holders watetproof in the wire end so the lamp wouldn fill up,

Cut a hole and painted the edges to prevent rust.

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Lamp part nr: 4507349 price is about 45NOK wich is roughly 4,5£

·
Mk3 newbie
4,105 Posts
I love the level of detail and dedication going into this. Great to see it done to a mk1! I am curious about those splash screens, were they expensive?

Simon

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
splash screens i think were about 100-200NOK a pop wich is 10-20£ (I think... and that's my price i get 40% off)

·
Mk3 newbie
4,105 Posts
That sounds reasonable enough. I'm interesting in the car being a bit more resilient to the elements and road noise :)

Interesting info on your thread.

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The old splash screens ar thicker than the new ones... cheep bastards:p but i know a store who sells 5mm thick noice reduction plates with glue on one side... gonna buy me some of those and put ontop of the splash screens and some asfalt plates inside the doors, sounds so hollow after removing the side strips

·
Mk3 newbie
4,105 Posts
Sounds good. I guess by asphalt we're talking about what I call bitumen sheets. I have bitumen on my doors and it does make them a lot deader (loads better for audio). Compared to newer cars I find there's a lot of road noise in old Mondeos, it's nice to see you tackling that.

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,508 Posts
loving this car. nice one :smoking:

·
1,139 Posts
canged my park light bulbs to LED's today... looks soo much better, they look a little blue but that's just the camera they're really white:

Difference?

Finished:

tried to eliminate the blue look with flash on but it's still there...

·
Mk3 newbie
4,105 Posts
Good start but how about putting chrome bulbs in your indicators to remove the orange haze? I did that and the side ones and it looks loads cleaner.

Simon

21 - 40 of 104 Posts