Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dilema on my hands, as you can see by the pictures the car comes fully equiped with morettes.

I am contemplating selling these and replacing them with a set of angel eyes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Mondeo-MK2-Angel-Eye-Headlights-NEW_W0QQitemZ4617917064QQcategoryZ21654QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ive always been unsure on the morettes due to the gap between the bonnet line and the head of the lights.

Can we get our contemplating heads on and offer any guidance please.

P.S - If the morettes go, they'll be on here first, then off to ebay!

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would ignore the thought of angel eyes. but i would recommend, getting standard lamps, turning them to black eyes and then fitting a set of proper HID xenon bulbs to fit. these may not be the best bulbs i quickly found, cus some kits can go up to £350 for the likes of philips version.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
even though id never buy morrettes as theyre expensive and the cost is too much for me theyre definately better than angel eyes.

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
put angel eyes in the morrettes :L only about 10 -15 for the anglels to put them in your own std lights :L

·
Registered
766 Posts
gotta agree angel eyes in the morettes, or if you really want to get rid of the morettes I'd opt for the black eyes on standard lights.

·
MEG Commander
1,162 Posts
Or sell the Morettes to me? :whistling: ;)

On a serious note i'd keep the Morettes m8. :L

·
MEG Sergeant
1,274 Posts
I've got standard lights with blackeyes/angel eyes on mine at the mo but I'd go for the Morettes with angel eyes if I had a choice (I don't because I can't afford Morettes :( )

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
i am not a lover of morettes they make the car look to slim, somehow, but with gaz's td he put red angel eyes in his morettes also added eyebrows to his lights, that seemed to cover the gap and they looked awesome mate

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
keep the morettes and put the angel eyes on the outside of them, they fit nice and snugly.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
EVIL ^^^ :}

·
Phil "THE BOOST" Wootty
2,739 Posts
they werent on the td m8.

·
Phil "THE BOOST" Wootty
2,739 Posts
thought they were blue as well. :L