Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Big Megger
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not happy. just got back from the testing station with the news it need the subframe bushes doing and a brake pipe underneath the subframe doing plus 2 tyres that arent worn treadwise but cracked badly in the tread. Dunlops as well, wont be having them in future !
£200 ish for bushes and brake pipe doing, is that reasonable ?? dont want to take it elsewhere for repair or i wont get the re-test free (£50) saved.

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
doesn't sound too dear, but its bad news for them tyres... very poor show!

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
this all depends on how handy you are , the brake pipe should be no more than a tenner , 2 decent tyres should be about £130 - 140 , poly bushes for about £80 , depends if you can or want to do the work yourself i suppose :L

·
Big Megger
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thing is i aint got the time, tools or know how to tackle the job so im at the mercy of my local testing station.got a brand new Pirelli as a spare in the boot so thats going on the alloy and i`ll use the best of the 2 rears as a spare.this is the newest most expensive car ive had and its also cost me the most money in failures.clutch/dmf/sub bushes/brake pipes.poor show i think.nice car, goes and looks well but dont think i`d have another.Jap next time me thinks,Accord or Mazda 6

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
get polyurethane bushes you will never need to worry about them going again, have a look in the suspention section and search there are plenty of threads about poly subframe bushes and as you can see from my sig i have had them fitted myself and they do improve handling somewhat.

·
Big Megger
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it gets worse. just been to get 1 new tyre on and my unused pirelli spare put onto the alloy and theres a huge bleb in the tyre wall.this is a new unused tyre and its shagged basically meaning ive to fork out for another new one.thats 2 dunlops that the treads cracked on and a new pirelli with a failed side wall, not cheap tyres either.
merry xmas ? you`re having a laugh !!!
and to make it worse some monkey has scratched me alloy and misplaced my locking nut tool. T****rs, gonna kick ass when i go back at 2pm !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.