Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's grandad was telling me about a fuel system treatment being offered by the Vauxhall dealer in Norfolk which he uses (he's got a 3 cyl Corsa) at MOT time. Not sure what it does, but I guess it's along the lines of Redex. He asked my opinion, which was don't bother unless you fail on emmisions - they charge about £17 quid for it.

My service & MoT are due next week, so I went to my independant garage to book it in and noticed a poster on the wall offering the same sort of thing for £10.

I guess it is 'introduced' directly into the fuel system rather than into the tank, because obviouly that would take ages.

Think I'll just give it a good ragging the day before and hope for the best!

Anyone else used this stuff?

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
by any chance is it called CATACLEAN??? I saw it on a program that its meant to clean the internal combustions of your car and clean the cat and give u more miles to the gallon and also lower emmisions, maybe im wrong but saw it but havent used it as im still not that convinced it works :eek13:

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
i tried cataclean on my TD and i didnt notice any difference, but it did pass the mot afterwards with the boost/fuelling wound up high so i can only assume the cataclean sorted out the emissions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts