Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trip/Fuel Computers are great, but aren't calibrated so all that's given is an indication of what MPG you're getting from your car.

The next time you fill up keep the receipt and note down the mileage (or reset the trip), then bung the figures in this MPG Calculator on the following fill up >>> http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php This will give you the relatively true MPG for what you used in your tank :L

In this thread there's a post with an Excel spreadsheet which does a similar job >>> http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/732882/post/1099232/hl/calculator/fromsearch/1/#1099232

·
23,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This one's of my 200, the pence-per-litre is LPG btw...

Attachments

·
23,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mainly A-road driving mate, 330+ miles is about the max I get from a tank-full... My average is a about 300 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use an Android app - fuel log. Weirdly my car shows about 50mpg for my trips but the app shows more like mid 45's...

·
Inept Evil Overloard and speller
161 Posts
I have an Android app called Fuelly Mobile, which does this. I can update it as soon as I fill up from my phone.

·
Super Moderator
29,809 Posts
Have you ever reset the fuel computer? I find if i reset it, Its more accurate but when i bought it, It was miles out.

·
Steve
3,834 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use an Android app - fuel log. Weirdly my car shows about 50mpg for my trips but the app shows more like mid 45's...
I've just downloaded that one.

I was using MyCars, but for some reason it never actually calculated the mpg. I kept on using it because it still had records of all my fill-ups. Now I've changed the car, I'm free to try something new!!

·
lolbro
58 Posts
I posted a query about the mpg computer on my mk3 Mondeo tdci estate

Ive lost the thread so thank you to all who replied if you happen to read this.

There were many suggestions many of which would have cost money ! so I

decided to leave well alone. However someone did say theirs didnt work either

but suddenly came back on one day. How I got mine back on was a flook as I

was sitting in a car park with the engine running pulled the indicator stalk down

as though turning left pressed the INFO button and BLEEP back on it came with

a healthy 52.9 indicated. It has worked ok ever since but I keep clear of the info

buuton just in case !!

·
Super Moderator
29,809 Posts
Reset the average speed and average mpg at each fillup and it will be more accurate.

·
Thinks maths is an alcoholic drink.
3,884 Posts
Hmm, 58.44MPG aroud town.

So there you have it. A Mondeo TDCi can blow every electric car ever made clean out of the water. :)

·
Super Moderator
29,809 Posts
Press info to get to average mpg or average speed and then hold in the left button under the display until

it resets to zero. Do this for each reading.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks purple ill do it when I get it back from having its new clutch and flywheel. :(

Sent from my HTC Desire C using TalkFord.com mobile app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.