Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Megger
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Guardtower you may be able to help here!

After fitting my trip comp (thanks GT!) i have done a good 380 miles, to give me a good idea of my mpg, so i brimed my tank and zeroed my dash and trip (everything!)

So the number of miles covered is nearly the same - 380.5 on dash and 380 on trip!

So working out my MPG manually gave me 32.66 MPG and my trip says 33.3 MPG

Is this a usual difference?

Can i adjust my trip?

Thanks!

·
Love my cheap to run Mondy's
658 Posts
That's interesting, coz I get approximately the same percentage differential between a manual calculation and my trip comp. However, I've found that my manual calculation is never really accurate...different strength of pump, car not quite on the level, etc. Pretty close right enough, but the manual calculation always shows slightly more fuel consumption.

Wonder if this is a general finding?

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
FLOF can be altered to fine tune it but if your calculations are correct your approx a half a mile out.
Press and hold both big buttons and turn on the ignition on, Floff will appear.
Pressing the 2 small left buttons will + or - flof, set yours to +2 and see how you go :)

·
Big Megger
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guardtower! Is there anything you don't know about mondeos!!!

Thanks!

Will do plus two and let you know how i get on!

BTW what does FLOF stand for?

Also i used the same pump! So the car must of been on the same level - I had to wait in a queue instead of just fueling from eitherside!

Thanks, Will

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.