Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've recently bought a 2004 130TDCI Zetec Mondeo - it's great! However I've got a problem with the MPG calculation. I'm getting a good 50MPG showing on the computer though in actual fact I'm only getting about 40MPG. This is based on a reset of the MPG count and Trip comp when I fill up and performing the MPG calulation.

Here's an example: miles covered - 487, fuel - 49L - MPG Calculation = 45MPG though comp shows 53.7! This is the best I've got so far but typically I get less.

I'm pretty sure the trip computer is calculating the miles correctly so that leads me to think the MPG comp is faulty.

Any ideas?

Dan

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
from other posts / threads it is a common issue , i would say if you are getting 40 / 45 mpg then you aint doing that bad i reckon :L

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only discovered the good search facility after posting :laugh:

There was a posting regarding FLOF. Some kind of MPG calibrator/adjuster but in that thread the MPG reading was only out by 1/2 MPG, not nearly the 10 I'm seeing. Just seen on another post that an ECU reset is good idea - do you think this may help?

from other posts / threads it is a common issue , i would say if you are getting 40 / 45 mpg then you aint doing that bad i reckon
I was kind of hoping for better milage out of my first diesel - especially as I'm not a lead footed driver.

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
I'm afraid that diesel is no miracle 40 - 45 mpg is excellent! how much would you get from a 2.0 petrol?

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
yeah, my first is now 14 months old and next due in June... don't worry about the birth!!! I never felt a thing LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.