Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fitting a 2.0 Zetec with a ported head and 273 degre cams soon. Once the engine is run in I'll fit it with R1 carbs and Megajolt ignition ECU.
Bellow is the stuff I allready have. All I need now is to get the EDIS4 module and fabricate an inlet manifold.

the engine

R1 carbs

Fuel pressure regulator to take it down to 5psi

MegaJolt ign. ECU

I'm hoping to get it all running by may.

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Do you have emissions tests in Slovenia??

·
MEG Corporal
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes :whistling:, but that's not the biggest problem here. Every thing you put on your car that's not standard from factory (exhaust, filter, springs, wheels, spoilers, window tint,...etc) has to be homologated. There are big fines if you get stopped and don't have all the papers.

My setup will be interchangable. Carbs for drag races and track days. Standard injection for every day driving. I will be carefull to make all the el. connections and fuel pipes easy to swap over in an hour or two. :woot:

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
very nice project, and a nice way of outwitting the authorities in your country with their OTT rules! have you thought of emigrating lol

i'll give it 10 years and we'll have the same rules in this country :(

·
MEG Corporal
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are ways of making life easyer... :innocent:

Here are some pics of the Megajolt tuning software.
I allready have a base map for the spec of my engine.

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
i know someone who done a very similar TB'd zetec project, worked out very well but the base map he done (spent alot of time, knowledge and expertise etc) turned out to be pretty rubbish when he had it dynoed. consensus seems to be, do your base map the best you can, then have it set up professionally ASAP afterwards to get the most out of it.

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
sounds very interesting. but id say get it running the rolling roaded before driving it hard, if you got your map wrong you can do soo much damage that would show up striaght away.

i had a rover running throttle bodies with emerald, all engines differ in the needs for fueling. worth getting it checked regular to if pushing big power.

·
MEG Corporal
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Things are moving on now.

Had to measure the space, so I can fabricate a manifold.

There's plenty of room... :D

I used a wire to hold this in place for the preview.

·
Stump Eater
601 Posts
percybigun said:
do your bass map the best you can, then have it set up professionally ASAP afterwards to get the most out of it.

i found this bass map..... it also has the bass hotel on it!

:L

·
MEG Corporal
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Iain said:
percybigun said:
do your bass map the best you can, then have it set up professionally ASAP afterwards to get the most out of it.

i found this bass map..... it also has the bass hotel on it!

:L
Thanks, just what I've been looking for... :L

·
MEG Corporal
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi!

It's been a while now.

The project went in a different direction, the fuel injected route after I got a hold of some cheap hayabusa 46mm bodies and MS to run it all.

It ran for the first time yesterday:
VIDEO

·
Registered
219 Posts
spurt spurt, oops that was messy :D you have the setup im dreaming of doing to mine, how much has your total outlay been, i can get r1 carbs for just under £100 ( know your foreign but i dont care ill import if needs be ) and busa carbs for £140

·
MEG Corporal
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
VeTo_rcallon said:
spurt spurt, oops that was messy :D you have the setup im dreaming of doing to mine, how much has your total outlay been, i can get r1 carbs for just under £100 ( know your foreign but i dont care ill import if needs be ) and busa carbs for £140
Theese aren't carbs any more. The are fuel injected Suzuki GSXR-1300 "Hayabusa" bodies.
They have 46mm plates.

I sold the R1 carbs months ago!

I got my busa bodies from the states (ebay.com)

BTW I'm not that foreign. We are both in the EU, but I use €.

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
nice work mate. Your setup looks much tidier than mine. Keep us updated. Im going to A.V.A (tuning company) tomorrow to finally get my throttle plates adjusted to make teh airflow even at idle. Going to get it on the rollers too if i can to see what sort of power it makes before i get it finely tuned. Will show how much tuning can make a difference

·
MEG Corporal
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It might look clean from far but.....here some of my engine loom adapter....It's hidden in the place of the old ECU though. :whistling:

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
looks like a nice tidy job there m8 first class

where did you get all the bits to do the job from
eg the inlet manifold,fuel rail,injectors etc?

another questions
how did you get about getting rid of the maf unit,air temp sensor,tps sensor etc and get the car to run with out this items too ?

also how do you go about mapping the tb's and mods to the ecu and car etc?

is there certain cams that are ment to be run or not i have gto waiting to go
1500-6500rpm 262deg TIMING 110deg .410"/.375" LIFT i think but need to double check on that so would they be suitable to run with tb's ?

·
MEG Corporal
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote name=mondeo's rule]looks like a nice tidy job there m8 first class

where did you get all the bits to do the job from
eg the inlet manifold,fuel rail,injectors etc?

another questions
how did you get about getting rid of the maf unit,air temp sensor,tps sensor etc and get the car to run with out this items too ?

also how do you go about mapping the tb's and mods to the ecu and car etc?

is there certain cams that are ment to be run or not i have gto waiting to go
1500-6500rpm 262deg TIMING 110deg .410"/.375" LIFT i think but need to double check on that so would they be suitable to run with tb's ?[/quote]

The manifold is a part od the alloy EFI Zetec manifold. Then I had some short runners welded on. I the expoxied in so vacuum connectors in place of the old injector holes.
The fuel rail is from a 440 Volvo turbo extended to match the Zetec injector spacing.
The injectors are top fed FordRacing 315cc.

I'm using Megasquirt wich has it's own sensors.
It's tuned with the help of a wideband oxygen sensor.

I have a ported head with 280/273 degre cams with 9.7 and 10.2mm lift cams.

·
MEG Corporal
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A short vid of the setup! Untuned ECU though!
VID

1 - 20 of 41 Posts