Ford Automobiles Forum banner

My Gearstick Feels Like Its Too Far Back

613 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jeromethemondeo 
#1 ·
Ok, i have just changed the clutch from hell, it has cost me money, time and 4 Knuckles but its done but heres my new problem my gear stick is not where it used to be, to expand on it 1st gear feels like its in between where 1st and 2nd used to be ... if that makes sense... its like the whole gear box has leaned back a little bit.... now i have a fair idea that this is to do with the cables underneath, now on my old OPEL the gear stick had a hole in it that you could put a nail through to ensure that your stick was in manual position while re-attaching the control cables, now my MK2 Mondeo does not have this and the Haynes Manual has told me that i can get a "special ford tool" that will do this but i'm sure some one out there has done this without the "special ford tool" ......ANY SUGGESTIONS ???? ALSO i changed the transmission fluid and bled the system but my clutch feels really light even tho its doing it job it just feels light is this normal ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.