Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have moved the 12v Parking/side light bulb into the main beam area of my Headlights :D
This makes the whole of the headlight Light up :woot: :banana:
Has any-one else done this as i'm just wondering will this get throught an M.O.T like this :eyesup: :naughty:

Marty :woot:

Attachments

·
Megger
99 Posts
it all depends on the brightness i guess being its inthe main beam area it might cause other drivers to think you still got your main beam on but saying that i think the side light is only 5watts,not sure on the mot side of things but i guess as long its not effecting other drives it should be ok

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bluethunder716 said:
it all depends on the brightness i guess being its inthe main beam area it might cause other drivers to think you still got your main beam on but saying that i think the side light is only 5watts,not sure on the mot side of things but i guess as long its not effecting other drives it should be ok
Its only a 12v 5w bulb in the main beam area, all it does is light up the whole of the headlight M8, no chance of people being blinded by it :L thinking i got full beam on :L if they flash there lights thinking i have then on, then 12v 55w full beam will surely let them know otherwise :D

Marty

·
Phil "THE BOOST" Wootty
2,739 Posts
rule of thumb m8 if its fitted its got to work for mot purposes.it should pass as my morettes side light is in the main beam lens.looks good,get your arris down to nxt meet so i can have a good looky. :L

·
Megger
99 Posts
thats also the rule for mot if its on the car its got to be working orther wise it wont pass, sorry for not cominting on the look the dose look smart and lol on leting them know your not on main beam lol, i've just got two led bars which are ice blue and i'm always getting flashed for having them on but the think is they are pointing to the road so they cant say there being blinded my them, good work on the lights tho mate looking sweet mate

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wootty said:
rule of thumb m8 if its fitted its got to work for mot purposes.it should pass as my morettes side light is in the main beam lens.looks good,get your arris down to nxt meet so i can have a good looky. :L
I'll see what i can do :L You can have a closer look at my lights while i ave a closer look at the next bit of "Bling" i Req :L :thankyousign:

Marty :L

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Nice touch Martin m8.

Why don't you go to the place you get your MOT done and ask about it passing or failing in advance of the next MOT. Their answer will give you a chance to (temporarily) de-mod, should it not be able to pass.

Andy.

·
Administrator
7,576 Posts
I've thought about moving the sidelight to the main beam bit but I didn't bother doing it as I couldn't be arsed! Looks good, and it works so I don't see why it wouldn't pass the MOT.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bluethunder716 said:
sorry for not cominting on the look the dose look smart and lol on leting them know your not on main beam lol,good work on the lights tho mate looking sweet mate
:thankyousign:

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MScotts said:
Nice touch Martin m8.

Why don't you go to the place you get your MOT done and ask about it passing or failing (temporarily) de-mod, should it not be able to pass.

Andy.
I always give my M.O.T Tester a :beer: , if he passes or fails my Mondy (Failure usually is some-thing i can overcome, with a litle work)

All i have to do to put it back to the way it shoulb be is simple, i have added a second light socket to the main beam area :L

Marty

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glenn said:
I've thought about moving the sidelight to the main beam bit but I didn't bother doing it as I couldn't be arsed! Looks good, and it works so I don't see why it wouldn't pass the MOT.
i'll let you all know how i get on with the dreaded M.O.T. Then you can go from there :L

Marty

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keller said:
Nice work Marty!
Did a similare mod myself.. but with a 5w sideligt in the repeater unit :)
:L

I did see your post M8, I was in the middle of doing my mod at the time :eyesup:

Marty :D

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Marty said:
bluethunder716 said:
Its only a 12v 5w bulb in the main beam area, all it does is light up the whole of the headlight M8, no chance of people being blinded by it :L thinking i got full beam on :L if they flash there lights thinking i have then on, then 12v 55w full beam will surely let them know otherwise :D

Marty
:} :}

·
Big Megger
189 Posts
Marty said:
Keller said:
Nice work Marty!
Did a similare mod myself.. but with a 5w sideligt in the repeater unit :)
:L

I did see your post M8, I was in the middle of doing my mod at the time :eyesup:

Marty :D
aha! :L
would be nice to see you setup IRL. Hard to get the right feeling by looking at a pic.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
looks good you'll have to come down to tesco so i can have a proper look :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts