Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Big Megger
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it was about time I put a few piccies up of my mondy. (please be gentle) :whistling:

A closer view of the front lighting. E30 projector light units with HID lighting, and what I think are better
looking indicators to have with the Morettes than the standard mondeo units.

Hate the amber, so designed my own based on the BMW Z4 style repeaters

12" cold cathodes have a multitude of uses

Attachments

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
not fussed on the indicator thing by the morretes looks like it was crushed into place, i like the side repeaters though fair play they seem affective and very different.

·
Working on the Choo-Choo trains
1,950 Posts
Yeah I like those repeaters, nice and subtle :L

·
MEG Sergeant
2,062 Posts
nice looking mondy

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Some nice touches there mate :L I have to agree with some ^^^, the front indicators aint my cup-of-tea either.

Your Mk1 'FORD' side repeaters remind me of a prototype mod I've got a Megger trying out on his Mk2. They fit the Mk2s oval recess perfectly...

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
Nice to see the lights went to a worthy car :L

Like all of the above I love the side indicators, thats deffo a unique mod. I actually like the front indicators as well as they suit the morrettes better, they just need colour coding imo. The brake lights look really good at the top of the windows (if they are brake lights?

It does need dropping a bit if you can do tho.

I'd definately move the verona badge tho, heres where I put mine

If you do want to move it, I mite still have a couple lying around so let me know if you need one :L

Looking good tho mate. :L

·
Big Megger
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:kaffeetrinker_2: I did take a while in considering what way to paint the front end, and at first I did colour code them but just didn't look right to me. It looked better in black when you take into consideration the back end.

:L Yes indeed they are brake lights at the top of the rear window, :headshake: broke about half a dozen trying to get the inner cathode out of the plastic housing they come in, and trying to get them fitted.

Would love to lower her :L , but due to the dreaded speed bumps round where I live if I've more than 2 people in the car, the exhaust is dragging it's ass off of every one. :angryfire: :annoyed:

:L Must admit, the Verona badge does look better where you have it. That is where it was when I got the car and never thought about moving it. If you have a spare one I would be gratful if you could let me have one, just give me a price. :L

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
JD said:
hmmmm nice lookin car....MScotts would these be the trial repeaters :L
Ahh, yes they are John..... Christ, that was a set from May/June time...

Ain't those the prototypes with the translucent smoked black background instead of the 'ford blue'??? You gotta piccie that shows them flashing amber lol.

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
Side repeaters look brilliant!

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
Hi Billybob, sorry for the delay (I had the goldfish effect again)

I've found 2 Verona badges ready to be sent :L

PT me your postal address and I'll send one or both over :L

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.