Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Not bad for £400. If it's an Si, then they are lowered from factory 15mm I think, and springs are stiffer.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Not bad at all

Looks about standard height to me

·
Big Megger
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah its a 2.0si i was just wondering cos i wasnt sure whether to buy some lowering springs or not. yeah im happy paying 400 quid it had 11 months mot with it. it was 600 but i knocked him down. i had to change the t piece and get a new maf and get the tracking done but besides that its been sound. think it just needs some tlc. im fed up of cleaning it in this weather.

·
Big Megger
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also is it just one maker who does the exhausts like that? i thought it was taken off a st24 or something but when i was getting the tracking done the bloke showed me its made by powerflow and told me its got a lifetime guarantee on it. is that true?

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Powerflow do offer a lifetime guarentee, but it cant be passed on from owner to owner IIRC. When I sold my old Mk1, the new owner took it back to Powerflow a year later for the middle box to be replaced and the guy only charged him £15 cause he remembered the car and the new owner had the paper work.

·
Big Megger
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its not green lol its just a bit dirty at the min. its a sort of lightish metalic black can you guys tell what colour it is off the paint code under the bonnet?

·
Big Megger
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its got black on the logbook and under the bonnet the paint code is n4. i need to know it so i can spray the 1 wing mirror and maybe the front bumper in the summer.

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Is the drivers door slightly open or has it been replaced? Just looks slightly out of alignment.

But lose the red drums and calipers. Paint them black or [color:yellow]gold[/color], smoked side repeaters, replace the inner headlight lenses to lose the yellowishness, and half tint the rear lights. Spend about £40 there and will look a lot nicer straight away.

·
Big Megger
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think i didnt shut the door properly there lol. i want to do something with the lights cos i hate that yellow tint. is it just dirt or something or is that how they was originally? il start tidying it up soon i just need 2 tyres as the fronts are getting low and thats it. il probably lower it too as i dont like the big gap in the arches.

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
The fronts is just where the inner lenses discolour due to crap bulbs. Was Ford's fault. You can get new inner lenses, think they're about £40 for the paid new from Ford's but some people buy them and never fit them so you can grab them for £20ish. Replace the bulbs when you do this to. Maybe some better ones.
Other way to do it, is to get the whole headlamp glass from a late Mk1, which has the patern on the glass and doesn't use the inner lenses that get discoloured. They're obviously more expensive.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.